No announcement yet.

Non player bots round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone../.please note that we are measuring the optimal amount for everything that we want to do. This includes amount of bots vs number of players, replenish cash intervals, best No of DU.s

the rounds we played now is specifically setup so we can see what we need for now and also we have to code in for when the game gets bigger, turn it off/on in main or turbo, and also we still need to measure killer activity

regards banking.....we have our plan but we have an open mind as we build the new game upgrades. we also will carefully measure and consider what is the best numbers to have in a proportionate ratio to the number of players and also monitor what is too difficult or stressful to handle...like maxing intervals etc.

For now we are testing concepts, and as far as we can see there is no problems of massive dislikes from many players.... but you all just are concerned that we find the right balance.

We will. Everything is being measured and tested. and of course we will observe you and the game play, and what you experience.

Thanks
    Game Admin

Comment

thanks for the feedback so far , it's been very helpful. Keep it coming.
      Game Admin

Comment

I think it's great. You always have something to do when you log in.

Putting them in turbo would be good too.

Comment

I fucking hate everything about these Bots , the art of looting is gone . The pleasure you got from fucking up somebodies collection and then messaging them afterwards to rub it in. Now you've got these fucking blow ins who can take 40 bill in less than an hour and they think they are god! from what I can see people are now just sitting around now waiting for the 3hr mark and taking this piss easy cash. The point to all this was to increase activity ? people are practically setting their watches every 3hrs and logging in to take the money . that's not much activity in my eyes. At least have all the bots replenishing at different times to keep people on their toes.......... Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by suarez83 View Post
            I fucking hate everything about these Bots , the art of looting is gone . The pleasure you got from fucking up somebodies collection and then messaging them afterwards to rub it in. Now you've got these fucking blow ins who can take 40 bill in less than an hour and they think they are god! from what I can see people are now just sitting around now waiting for the 3hr mark and taking this piss easy cash. The point to all this was to increase activity ? people are practically setting their watches every 3hrs and logging in to take the money . that's not much activity in my eyes. At least have all the bots replenishing at different times to keep people on their toes.......... Rant over

The problem with your rant, while I do not disagree. Is that you are comparing it to something that rarely existed here anymore. Yes now it is really just time based and takes no real skill set but it is better to me than the alternative. As a free player you can actually do something now, you can help your family and overall you can effect things to a small degree at the eor. That to me is what is important. A new player signs up he has something to do. An old player is bored he has something to do. So while you are not wrong, you are not right either.

Comment

Firstly, the bots have not worked properly since we installed them due to glitches in the coding, its still trial and error but we are closer to making it work properly now. They are supposed to be released over a 24 hour period and then all replenish at differing times - which did not happen yet properly. There was no looting before this worthy of speaking about....and now it just needs to be streamlined and made to work properly. Then we will see the good looters start to benefit moreso from this.,

Secondly, "fucking up someone's collect' was a huge part of a set of problems which was dragging the game down and we don't want to have any sort of gameplay that creates that anymore where a player can be exploited by another player in a way that discourages them from wanting to play here again.

So while I totally understand your concerns, you need to lighten up and try to understand what is happening before you come rant here and act like it's the end of the world and make the things we do to try to better the game look bad.

there is also more changes to come involving kill point bots and also bank looting, which will tie in with what we got now, to complete the set of upgrades so please try to look at the changes as a whole and then later on come and discuss with us. And try to keep it positive even if its something you dont like...no one likes misery, and misery likes company, and thats why its against the game rules to slag the game.

You could just have told us the points you dislike minus the misery and drama.
              Game Admin

Comment

Don't ask for feedback on the bots if you can't handle some criticism, I'm not acting like its end of the world just some things have become too easy thats all . my intent was not trying to make the game look bad but just honest opinion and its not just me who thinks this either .

Comment

Sorry Suarez..... This is not about me not being able to handle criticism. If you want to rant, you send me a PM. I dont mind to engage it in private discussion, even if you upset....as i am the person dealing with the game upgrades....read the game rules.....You dont rant about the gameplay and rules in public on the forums, your post was uninformed and i cannot allow free reign to discuss things that is incompleted with information, in a negative way...

you give others the wrong impression and your post - while it had good points... was simply not constructive and i stand by what i said...you could say the same things in nicer ways and we would get your point and i would tell you the same answer also in nicer and less menacing words
                  Game Admin

Comment

will be better once the bots re-up at different times. If you can have them re-up during the hours some too not just at toh's but maybe at the 30min mark of the hour or 15, whatever just different and random times. On a schedule things get a little robotic which i think was suarez main complaint.

way better with bots though than without them for 95% of the players. Looting was dead and a complete non factor before now it's a big factor might be a little too big still. Not sure better than last round but still might be too many bots.

Comment

Man you guys are fucking lazy. Back in the day we used to sit in NYC waiting for the 500 nw's show up and loot the fuck out of them for next to nothing. And we're complaining about the 1B per loot? For fucks' sakes'.

Comment

the bots being robotic is on point, if you compare it with the normal player that leaks cash at TOH>, I'd like to see more of a challenge when involving these bots. But i like the looting activity we have thus far. Bringing more life back in the game for sure.

Comment

Yeah, agreed. Although the days of free collecting are over with this many bots. I can loot more in one hour than a free player can collect all round. I think there is a few too many...

Comment

Originally posted by sluggah View Post
                            Yeah, agreed. Although the days of free collecting are over with this many bots. I can loot more in one hour than a free player can collect all round. I think there is a few too many...
                            We will be giving free players more turns soon. It is all part of the upgrade plan. you are only seeing phase 1 right now. The point about it all is that active players should rightfully earn more rewards, but in a way that still allows all types of players to be effective and at least complete a 10 day round with something to do each day and not just get zeroed and stay zeroed from the first day.

Players who want to play casually for 5 minutes each day can still contribute by playing as a pure collector, but its not right that they should make more game money than someone who hustles for cash every day for a few hours a day online...the time spent must = the rewards gained.

Also the idea is now we can hopefully get more hybrid activity going where collectors and killers, who got a bit more time on their hands.... can also supplement the family income by looting a little if they want. We will see how it works out....

the only way we can attract more players back to the game is to provide you with more things to do and make the game more exciting.... so we figured to just provide more targets for everyone and make the game focus about making money instead of killing each other until no one is left

we still got to add the kill points bots and bank looting and then also give free players more start and per hour turns...and we can then see the right amounts of these NPC's to allow in ratio to amount of players

So thats the ideas behind what we are doing and also an update of what is still to come.

Thanks for your feedback so far, I am taking notes as you all raised some great points and concerns to keep in mind as we build this.
                            Game Admin

Comment

Don't get me wrong Storm, I am a huge fan of the bots idea to kickstart the game again, just pointing out the ratio of bots to players is a little high. Interested to see how killing changes with the kill point bots. Please give us a heads up on that round and I will be killing for sure!

You guys are doing great work, keep it up. Hopefully we end up getting back the player base we used to have here.

Comment

Originally posted by sluggah View Post
                                Don't get me wrong Storm, I am a huge fan of the bots idea to kickstart the game again, just pointing out the ratio of bots to players is a little high. Interested to see how killing changes with the kill point bots. Please give us a heads up on that round and I will be killing for sure!
                                I do understand all your points. I am hoping we get it ready to test next main round.

Thanks
                                Game Admin

Comment

Working...
                                X