Destilled & Delicious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destilled & Delicious!

I would like to find out what people drink all over the world (and not just whisky this time ... although feel free to post your recommendations).

Don't care if it's beer, wine, whisky or cognac or whatever if you like it you should post/share it.

I'll start by saying I have been sober the first 25 years of my life because of two horror experiences getting drunk by accident and paying for it dearly. Once by means of Pernod which is prepared like lemonade and initially tastes like it as well...untill you try stand up after half a bottle lol

The second experience I don't even want to go into so the last 10 years people have been trying to convince me there's more to it so I have been developing a taste for a few finer destilled products over the last decade.

Although I still prefer a non-alcoholic drink most of the time I do appreciate a fine wine, cognac and especially a good whisky or fine bourbon. Even a cold beer on a warm day...it can be so good when the circumstances allow it.

My top3 for a starter (with food combo):

1 - Scotch Single Malt Whisky (no peat please) with Blue Stilton on toast.
    2 - French Red Wine with a huge steak parked next to it.
    3 - Cold beer on a hot day flushing away a cheeseburger with fries.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

1 - I liked Macallan, Balvenie and Kavalan a lot.
    2 - Any Bordeaux is fine for me...
    3 - If it ain't Dutch it ain't much (although Belgian and German beer is also very good).
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Spiced rum is pretty good
      Good ol moonshine too if ya can get ur hands on it
      And cant forget alexander keiths beer
      Cant go wrong with some tequila either

Comment

Maker's Mark 46, Remy Martin VSOP, Crown Royal, Glenlivet single malt scotch, Natty Daddy, Bud Ice, Michelin original, Yuengling, Patron with lime and salt. Four Loko and crack cocaine, Heineken light with Percocet,

Comment

bourbon or a cider for me

Comment

I like a nice Chianti, to wash down a good piece of liver and some fava beans.
            bLiNd_As_A_bAt
            HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

1. Heaven hell whisky
              2. Popov vodka
              3. Kentucky's best whisky
              4.Jack Daniels
              5. Bud light
              6. Bush light
              7. Jolly Rogers white rum

Comment

it is IUs fault :-P

Comment

doesn't moonshine make you blind? lol

and the glenlivet makes some damn fine whiskies indeed

rest i have to google...heaven hell whisky? yuengling?

btw if you have more bourbon and rum recommendations please feel free....some say it is as sophisticated as scotch whisky

heard it usually gets aged less but at times is about as good...maker's mark 46 sounds nice

Comment

Originally posted by bLiNd_is_back View Post
                    I like a nice Chianti, to wash down a good piece of liver and some fava beans.
                    make suree yaaa rub the lotion on its skin oooo yoo gonna git thaaa HOSE AGAAAAAIIN

Comment

Gentleman Jack (a more aged whiskey than the standard Jack Daniels), Hennessey VSOP or XO, Yuengling is the oldest brewery in America, it's a beer(lager) somewhat similar in color and taste to Michelob, Scotch whiskey is a spirit distilled from malt or grain, rye, wheat etc, whereas Bourbon whiskey is distilled from corn. Cognac is more or less just very good brandy that has been aged well in the "Cognac" region , province,county whatever you want to call it ,of France, Brandy and Cognac are distilled from grapes.

Comment

I DONT drink alcohol

BUT I DO GET DRUNK

I GET DRUNK I GET HIGH ON THE HOLY SPIRIT OF JESUS !!!

Comment

yea scotch and bourbon share ingredients but corn and grains make the difference as well as aging: bourbon can call itself bourbon after 2 years already where scotch needs 3 years and a full day...don't like the non age statement though.

and where you get whisky from further destilling beer you get cognac and armagnac from further destilling grapes indeed...roughly put

yeungling sounds chinese but found out it's another german family making american beer

lol

btw the english tried to get rid of the scottish whisky business by forcing them to age their spirit for 3 years so they couldn't sell anything in between that time and would go bankrupt....although many did more made it and suddenly got left with an enhanced product that could rival cognac

so instead of getting whisky banned or gone the english gave the scottish an even better product....funny history

Comment

Originally posted by MrWorker View Post
                            I DONT drink alcohol

BUT I DO GET DRUNK

I GET DRUNK I GET HIGH ON THE HOLY SPIRIT OF JESUS !!!
                            and a full can of lysol

Comment

-chuckles-

Comment

Working...
                              X