Why did you join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you join

In the years of way back and even still now there seems to be a good chunk of military members on the game. So tell me why did you join and why join the branch you did? Was you active or reserves?

I'll start I went army right out of highschool where I had no Job and didn't wanna go to college. Went army as wanted something different as my dad was Navy my brother is the Navy's bitch (Marines)

I regret going reserves and wish I went active.

Not sure the Marines are the Navy's bitch, as Ash commented, but it's the best branch, IMO.

I joined because I knew military service was essential in being who I wanted to be as an adult. I believe all people should serve in some capacity. 2 year, 4 year, life, reservists, they all serve a purpose.

As a Navy brat, I didnt want to join the Navy. Navy this, Navy that. I didn't want to be like everyone else.
    I saw the respect the Marines received from sailors and soldiers alike.
    My maternal side is Navy and I wanted to prove I could become a Marine. So I did.

Growing up in Washington DC, and living and being near so many naval and army installations, it was a part of life.
    Soldiers always looked frumpy. Wrinkle bombs exploding all around.
    Sailors and their crackerjacks, no thanks.
    You can cut yourself on creases at 8th & I. Looking sharp and never out of place. I thought the uniform demanded respect. I learned later it's the individual that gets the respect, the uniform shows it off.
    Many years and stripes later, I've not regretted my decision once.
    Whether a cook or a gunner, all Marines are riflemen. We out do every other branch. Its America's 911 force and the whole world knows of USMC strength.
    you don't join the Marines, you become one. This is true. It's not possible for everyone to become a Marine. We are the smallest branch, the least funded, yet most feared.
    Some will say the army sucks, others the believe the Navy is for girls, but we can all agree the Air Force is the worse!

SFMF's
    I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.

Gen. Mattis

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_The_Bull View Post
      Not sure the Marines are the Navy's bitch, as Ash commented, but it's the best branch
      SFMF's

IDK Marco last I knew they was department of the Navy and always riding cotails off the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordj2017 View Post

IDK Marco last I knew they was department of the Navy and always riding cotails off the Navy.
        Men's department
        And they give us rides to war, so if anything, the Navy is the Marine Corps' bitch.
        I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.

Gen. Mattis

Comment

The marines were created to protect the ships or the navy members itself I think.

Comment

I joined navy as a corpsman then went reserves spent my time abroad with and without war fixed up mates either side and seeing it fucked me up but id do it again for my country and id do it again

Comment

No one is respected more than an FMF corpsman.
              Semper Fi, Doc!

Gen. Mattis

Comment

:-)

Comment

I joined TMB to be the greatest I can be.

Comment

Marco did ny fmf training at lejune cant spell for shit sorry lol

Comment

what no love for the coast guard? damn racist

what happened to my other comment? oh well, i thought it was funny and that what really counts.

Comment

CG is Dept of Transportation.
                        They are still outstanding in what they do.
                        They definitely protect our waterways.

Gen. Mattis

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_The_Bull View Post
                          CG is Dept of Transportation.
                          They are still outstanding in what they do.
                          They definitely protect our waterways.
                          pretty sure you are wrong with that. always thought the Coast guard was a branch of the military. this should get you court martialed

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_462 View Post

pretty sure you are wrong with that. always thought the Coast guard was a branch of the military. this should get you court martialed

CG used to be DOT.
                            They are Homeland Security now.
                            Still not DoD.
                            I stand corrected

Gen. Mattis

Comment

I joined the Marine Corp because they looked like a bad bunch of mother fuckers and because it was better than ending up in jail or shot at home.

Im a slight history buff and everything i read has Marines plastered on the text, every movie was about Marines skullfucking the enemies.

Cheers Pussies!

Comment

Working...
                              X