It's all about cussing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about cussing!

Is cussing a new language, a new style of communication, a new fashion or is it something that is all wrong and messed up?

Cussing is also called by plethora of other names such as swearing, bad language, vulgar language, calling names and much more.

I have been long thinking of cussing and below is what I feel and understand about it.

Cussing is nothing but a modernized term for cursing.
    A curse is the opposite of a blessing. It means you literally wish ill upon someone else, and, moreover, it often (but not necessarily) involves invoking the aid of a deity to fulfill that curse.
    Curse is a swear word or a bad word or the state of bad luck caused by someone wishing evil or injury to happen to someone else. An example of a curse is the "f" word.

Cussing has now often become and is taken for fun and laughter. But the power to live or die comes out of your tongue or in other words there is power in the words that you speak, whether it is fun or serious.

Cussing shows a lack of self control. Without self control, you are nothing but an animal. And in fact, that’s what cussing always is, as if you are barking or grunting like an animal. Unfortunately, when you give up self-control, it drags you deeper into the proverbial gutter where not only is it even more difficult to stop cussing, but other problems begin to creep into your life. And the deeper you slide, the more the cussing feeds on itself and grows.

Cussing is repulsive, selfish, self-centered, lazy and unintelligent. It is of no use to you or others. There is an absolute zero positivity and productivity.

I am not judging anyone here, who am I to judge?
    But, all that I am saying is life will certainly be better without cussing.

I urge you and in fact challenge you, to give up cussing. I am most sure that you and your loved ones will feel much better and be at peace.

Will you accept my challenge?

Please understand that this is just my view or opinion only. If you have an argument or support then please feel free to comment.

I wish you all the very best!

Best Regards,
    KING.

you know what you're right it is lazy but i will say it can be productive to emphasis something strongly but that being said it loses the effect if people swear or cuss all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_462 View Post
      you know what you're right it is lazy but i will say it can be productive to emphasis something strongly but that being said it loses the effect if people swear or cuss all the time.
      I like the way you put it, cheers )

Comment

Comment

I feel like i just sat in a sermon reading that! But in all seriousness, I'd like to give it up. Oddly enough I just seem to curse outside of professional environments. Then again, it's just words!

Comment

Originally posted by Dormant View Post
            I feel like i just sat in a sermon reading that! But in all seriousness, I'd like to give it up. Oddly enough I just seem to curse outside of professional environments. Then again, it's just words!
            Good to hear from you on your decision, Dormant. Very encouraging and thank you.

Comment

is this the Christian fucking catholic fucking bitch ass forums you cunts

Comment

Originally posted by humpTdumpT View Post
                is this the Christian fucking catholic fucking bitch ass forums you cunts
                Beautifully said Mr Dump, I presume you are not taking on this preposterous challenge.

As for you, Mr Guest, if I may respond.

Sounds very much like a pile of judgment to me.
                I would say your inability to cope with words that are perfectly legitimate forms of communication says
                more about your intelligence than that of the people who use them.
                The thing that offends me is what seems to be, people like yourself, thinking you have a right to be offended.
                Lets take the word 'cunt', as an example of context. (I can feel you cringe from here)
                In Australia it is quite a freely used word, yet in The USA most people are offended by that word no matter the context.
                We are all products of our environment and the way we speak has nothing to do with intelligence.
                Now, I dont mean I should walk into a church and say "Gday cunts" but if you walk into the front bar of my local hotel and you are offended by that, then you clearly lack the intelligence to realize, this is a perfectly friendly greeting, which may well be classed as cussing but is defiantly not cursing.
                So your premise that they are one in the same is wrong.

As to your deluded argument that cussing is some kind of gateway drug to further woes in ones life,,, that sir, is absurd.
                I could relay the successes of dozens of friends, who are all very successful in family and business life, that in the appropriate circumstance would make a tourettes sufferer blush.

I could go on and bring up the fact that we are indeed just animals, but will leave that for another time.
                Please remember Im not judging, this is just my opinion on the subject.
                If you dont like that, well,

Go fuck ya mother,
                you cunt.
                Last edited by MickyKnox; 10-12-2019, 04:56 PM.
                TheButchersUnion LLKK LLUCC
                Skidmark_United GWLC FYUU
                NaMeLeSs 4THE29

Comment

I'll play "Devil's Advocate"
                  Here is a piece from TIME Magazine.

The Absolute F-cking Best Swear Word For You

EMMA BYRNE
                  January 24, 2018 Byrne is the author of Swearing Is Good For You: The Amazing Science of Bad Language.

Scientifically speaking, swearing is good for you. It deadens pain and enlivens our emotional discourse. We know that its effects are physiological as well as psychological; it raises our heart rates and releases adrenaline whether we use it. And taboo language is so fundamental to the way we communicate that even potty-trained chimps can invent their own swearing.

With so many advantages, it's not surprising that people often ask me what the most effective swear word is, and I know my answer usually disappoints them. As with so many things in science, the answer is "it depends."
                  For the same reason, the past is indeed a different country when it comes to swearing. As social mores change, taboos shift. Words that would have caused our grandparents to have conniptions now pass without remark. In my native British English, the blasphemies barely cause a twitch of the emotional needle. Conversely, racial slurs frequently appeared in my grandparents' nursery rhymes and books, but for my generation and beyond, the emotional payload of those terms can be devastating.

All this makes it damnably difficult to pin down the power of a particular profanity. For decades, scientists have looked for something auditory or physical in the act of swearing that explains the catharsis it creates. There has been conjecture that short words, words with powerful fricatives ("F") and voiceless velar stops ("K"), just feel better. Sadly, the research doesn't bear this out. We can't design a more cathartic swear word based on its sound or spelling. Strong language earns its place though use and custom. As we grow up, we note its impact on those around us, and that gives us both the yardstick and the visceral training required to truly internalize the power of those words.

The most cathartic swear word is never going to be a universal. It’s always going to be a product of the values of the people who surrounded you growing up. In particular, it depends on the emotional responses of the people whose opinions mattered most to you when you first tried out those words. For me, it was the clip around the ear I got for calling my little brother a tw-t. For you, there will be some other emotive moment that unveiled power. Without knowing it, the laughter of a friend, the disappointment of a parent, the fury of an enemy taught you how to swear.
                  Last edited by Fornax; 10-12-2019, 01:57 PM.
                  TMB Forum Administrator

I am always watching.
                  Be kind to each other.

Comment

Working...
                  X