What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

A friend recently said that although he is happily married with a couple of kids that he has just finish a brief affair with another women.
    He swears it won't ever happen again but the guilt is eating him up and he wants to come clean and tell his wife.
    I have said that there is no point in telling his wife. if he does then his relationship will never be the same, his wife is going to be suspicious of everything he does and it may end the relationship. I also said to work on being open about his emotions and wants in the relationship and to actively listen to what his wife has to say about things.

What would you do?
    What would you advise?
    skype = tmbtiki

I don't have a conscience so I'm keeping it to myself. Like Shaggy once said, "It wasn't me."
    TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
    Be kind to each other.

Comment

Firstly, I would swear at him for telling me and getting me involved in his misdemeanors.

Then I would tell him that he needs to do as his conscience dictates. If he cannot live with himself after that happened, it's a good sign that he still respects, possibly still loves, his wife and if it will give him closure, then he should tell her. Whatever happens after that, we can't say.... but at least there will be peace of mind for him.

better than living with dirty secrets, I think.

Game Admin

Comment

If he knows she's strong and will not internalize blame, and their relationship will survive, telling her might strengthen their marriage. Otherwise, he needs to keep it to himself to avoid the result Tiki describes above. If it destroys a relationship that was working for both of them, telling her isn't "the right thing to do" for her, just him. The guilt is eating him up? awwww. He did the deed, he needs to deal with it. Maybe he should see a therapist. Telling her is all about him sleeping better at night.

OTOH, if he is looking for a way out, or it will happen again the next time some slut is willing to spread her legs, then get on with it, man.

Comment

Honesty is best.
          Tell her. The guilt won't go away.
          I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.

Gen. Mattis

Comment

tell him to stop being selfish the affair was a selfish act and so would be telling his wife about it. It would be all about him and not about honesty with his wife. Tell him to toughen up and move forward and have the best relationship he can with his wife.

honesty is fine but that ship has already past and being honest now is selfish and can only hurt his relationship with his wife.

Comment

You man up and tell her. Honesty is the best policy and she will deep down respect him more that he’s told her however, giving her reasons and also state changes he’s about to make. Being honest and open will make both parties happy at the end of the day together or not.

Comment

Well I hope that has cleared it up for him - half of you said yes tell her and half of you have said no don't. As you already know I agree with the no don't I think that is just to make himself feel better without considering how she is going to feel and respond to it.
                skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Originally posted by Tiki View Post
                  A friend recently said that although he is happily married with a couple of kids that he has just finish a brief affair with another women.
                  He swears it won't ever happen again but the guilt is eating him up and he wants to come clean and tell his wife.
                  I have said that there is no point in telling his wife. if he does then his relationship will never be the same, his wife is going to be suspicious of everything he does and it may end the relationship. I also said to work on being open about his emotions and wants in the relationship and to actively listen to what his wife has to say about things.

What would you do?
                  What would you advise?
                  Tell his wife
                  ...she will want revenge and drop her knickers to be pumped post haste...

Comment

I hope the other woman is pregnant

Comment

Men were made to shag many bitches so your boy has nothing to feel guilty about. He should tap that ass some more, organise a 3 sum

Comment

Originally posted by F0REST View Post
                        I hope the other woman is pregnant
                        Oh lordy you do you like your pound of flesh!
                        skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Working...
                        X