February is upon us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February is upon us

As it's now February 1st, what do we have to look forward to?
    February 4. Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. Why am I just hearing about this now???
    February 5. National Nutella Day. Hm…enjoy for all of you that like this stuff.
    February 6. Lame Duck Day. Though the holiday was created to celebrate the introduction of the 20th amendment in 1933, the amendment was actually ratified in January of that year. Lame duck day is more of a way to honor those who just left office after being rendered totally ineffective for a few months. In other words, it is appropriately lame.
    February 8. Boy Scout Anniversary. Always be prepared. BSA started in 1910. Who here can tie a square knot?
    February 9. National Read in the Tub Day. I just want some of you to pick up a book on ANY day. The other half jump in the tub. Remember, don’t get the pages soggy.
    February 12. Darwin Day and Paul Bunyan Day. We all know what Darwin is known for, but what about Bunyan? Paul Bunyan was born in Bangor, Maine in 1834. A mighty lumberjack. If you are ever in Bangor, ME, go check out the 31ft tall statue of him.
    February 14. St. Valentine’s Day. Kissy kissy...smootchy, smootchy.
    February 14. Ferris Wheel Day. Maybe this is why the Ferris wheel seats are made for two?
    February 17. National PTA Founders Day. Parent Teacher Association for those who don’t know. Not sure how this one made the list. The only good thing about having a parent in the PTA were all the brownies that were always baking.
    February 21. International Mother Language Day. Speak your native tongue! I encourage it.
    February 22. National Margarita Day. One of my wife’s fav. I kinda like this day as well. On the rocks? Frozen? With or without salted rim? (Rocks, little salt for me)
    February 25. International Sword Swallowers Day and National Pistol Patent Day. For all you sword swallowers out there…you know who you are.
    Samuel Colt patented his famous revolver in 1836. Now that’s pretty neat.
    February 28. National Pancake Day and National Public Sleeping Day. Hmm…eating too many pancakes can have an affect on sleep. Maybe this is why these two go together. MMMM…. pancakes!

What do you celebrate in February?

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.

Gen. Mattis

UMMMMM my fav. would have to be Feb 9th and and Feb 22nd LOL...
    LoOtAcЯiS

Comment

Yes would have to agree with Loota on National Margarita day..... with salt please. And also the 23rd (even thought it's not listed) that's my spouse Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by LOOTA View Post
        UMMMMM my fav. would have to be Feb 9th and and Feb 22nd LOL...
        I am not sure why they are not combined already.
        Why not have a Margarita in the tub while you read your "soggy pages" book.

Where is Groundhog Day? Just leave poor ol' Punxsutawney Phil out in the cold. Don't worry about if we are gonna get an early Spring or not.

February 2. Groundhog Day. Watch out for that first step, it's a doooozie...hahahaha
        TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
        Be kind to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_The_Bull View Post
          As it's now February 1st, what do we have to look forward to?
          February 4. Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. Why am I just hearing about this now???
          February 5. National Nutella Day. Hm…enjoy for all of you that like this stuff.
          February 6. Lame Duck Day. Though the holiday was created to celebrate the introduction of the 20th amendment in 1933, the amendment was actually ratified in January of that year. Lame duck day is more of a way to honor those who just left office after being rendered totally ineffective for a few months. In other words, it is appropriately lame.
          February 8. Boy Scout Anniversary. Always be prepared. BSA started in 1910. Who here can tie a square knot?
          February 9. National Read in the Tub Day. I just want some of you to pick up a book on ANY day. The other half jump in the tub. Remember, don’t get the pages soggy.
          February 12. Darwin Day and Paul Bunyan Day. We all know what Darwin is known for, but what about Bunyan? Paul Bunyan was born in Bangor, Maine in 1834. A mighty lumberjack. If you are ever in Bangor, ME, go check out the 31ft tall statue of him.
          February 14. St. Valentine’s Day. Kissy kissy...smootchy, smootchy.
          February 14. Ferris Wheel Day. Maybe this is why the Ferris wheel seats are made for two?
          February 17. National PTA Founders Day. Parent Teacher Association for those who don’t know. Not sure how this one made the list. The only good thing about having a parent in the PTA were all the brownies that were always baking.
          February 21. International Mother Language Day. Speak your native tongue! I encourage it.
          February 22. National Margarita Day. One of my wife’s fav. I kinda like this day as well. On the rocks? Frozen? With or without salted rim? (Rocks, little salt for me)
          February 25. International Sword Swallowers Day and National Pistol Patent Day. For all you sword swallowers out there…you know who you are.
          Samuel Colt patented his famous revolver in 1836. Now that’s pretty neat.
          February 28. National Pancake Day and National Public Sleeping Day. Hmm…eating too many pancakes can have an affect on sleep. Maybe this is why these two go together. MMMM…. pancakes!

What do you celebrate in February?

Mybirtthday,,,,,,,29th of feb

Comment

superbowl sunday .. better then all the rest combined x 100

Comment

Originally posted by braw View Post
              Mybirtthday,,,,,,,29th of feb

True story
              TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
              Be kind to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by harryverderchki View Post
                superbowl sunday .. better then all the rest combined x 100
                Absolutely
                I predict the team with the highest score wins.
                TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
                Be kind to each other.

Comment

Working...
                X