This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bots

the sample size is large enough now, so i'll ask, Has NPC's improved tmb?
    make players overall experience better?
    encourage people to be more active?
    attract new players and retain new players?
    is it more engaging with NPC's?

curious on what people think

I would rather the bots were removed. They were good to start with because they gave the families without many supporters a chance to rank. The staff keep on adding things to improve the game but I think bringing the game back to basics would be the best solution.

Comment

yes, yes, yes, yes and yes....according to new players.

else they'd be zeroed by now and have nothing to do untill next sor where they'd be zeroed again....watching some bully spenders dividing the game among themselves....which is already the case
      It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Bored now. It has changed from increasing activity, to only being able to compete if you don't log off.
        bLiNd_As_A_bAt
        HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

Boring , no skill to looting . Killing is done for . Hitting bots just becomes mind numbing , I havent really played since they came in

Comment

[QUOTE=Coutinho;128873]Boring , no skill to looting . Killing is done for . Hitting bots just becomes mind numbing , I havent really played since they came in[/QUOTE]

if you think there is no skill to looting....try beat Mitsui or Gale at toh.
            It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for this thread...

I totally understand that players need to give feedback to us when they do indeed become bored with certain types of activity we provide but....Threads like this sometimes possibly ends up being not being representative of the whole. Also its not moderated to be conducive to find solutions and ends up doing more damage, than the good it was intended for, inadvertently

We dont disagree with the question being asked, and we do note the question is very important to our players, it is one of the things we will be looking into soon when we do upgrades into the gameplay

We are working on changes that will provide more organic competition and we will discuss the same with players soon in a format and environment that is conducive to finding out cool solutions and not just pointing out problems alone

So for this reason i am closing this thread, shortly, but i want it noted that we have heard you on this. We will be introducing some new game play soon but we will first chat to players about it.

We are also just first working on and completing some new designs to see if it attracts NEW users and helps them to convert, and we also realize that along with this we got to provide something cool for them.

So you can expect us to bug you in 2-3 weeks time about some new changes we want to do and get your ideas and feedback on current game-play also, as is done here, of course.

[B]Also I had a lot of uphill personally with the game code and lag and its been a damn shitstorm to fix. So building any new features while we had/have this is not viable.[/B]

I think we got the worst sorted just of late now this past day or so, please give me feedback in this post about it, so i can get some idea of the current[TODAY and onwards] game performance

Thanks for the post Eli. Hang tight,we are not sitting still.

So please tell me about the lag: CURRENT PERFORMANCE ONLY, in next few responses, and then i will close the thread, soon

thanks and sorry to hijack your post HH
              Game Admin

Comment

[QUOTE=The_Black_Cat;128874]if you think there is no skill to looting....try beat Mitsui or Gale at toh.[/QUOTE]

Of course I respect the both of them and they are good but having a good connection and opening multiple windows at the same time and hitting targets that dont move or protect is not huge skill in my eyes. Just opinion and probably going off topic

Comment

[QUOTE=Coutinho;128877]Of course I respect the both of them and they are good but having a good connection and opening multiple windows at the same time and hitting targets that dont move or protect is not huge skill in my eyes. Just opinion and probably going off topic[/QUOTE]

Good point about what makes looting challenging, i do agree with this
                  Game Admin

Comment

Looting is only requires one skill now: the manipulation of browser tabs. Whether you use a gaming pc with overclocked processor and several macros keys, say for instance, an Asus ROG; a top end gaming mouse,e.g. Razer Naga Epic; or just really old and have mastered all of the keyboard shortcuts in Chrome, the is no gameplay skill in being a good looter currently. Gone are the days when a looter had to actually work for his spoils.

Back OT, I'd remove the bots. As the number of people that use the above tactics increases, I see less and less people looting each round. So I'd take the bots as a step in the wrong direction. The good news is it just a single step and easy to correct unlike some of the previous missteps, like the progressive jackpot (before this everyone played for fun, this change brought profit-thought to the game and slowly killed the fun), which are so in-grained that that cannot be corrected.

Finally, the lag is getting worse again. However, it is most likely do to the players. I just cannot see how with each active looter in the game try to open 10 for 20 tabs at once using link clump or another similar plug-in cannot overwhelm the server. The amount of simultaneous page request hitting the server can do nothing but cause the TOH lag. Sort of curious that the lag starts decrease at 5 after the hour and continually gets better until TOH. Storm, I do not believe that there is much you can do coding wise to handle this problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=URtarded;128881]Looting is only requires one skill now: the manipulation of browser tabs. Whether you use a gaming pc with overclocked processor and several macros keys, say for instance, an Asus ROG; a top end gaming mouse,e.g. Razer Naga Epic; or just really old and have mastered all of the keyboard shortcuts in Chrome, the is no gameplay skill in being a good looter currently. Gone are the days when a looter had to actually work for his spoils.

Back OT, I'd remove the bots. As the number of people that use the above tactics increases, I see less and less people looting each round. So I'd take the bots as a step in the wrong direction. The good news is it just a single step and easy to correct unlike some of the previous missteps, like the progressive jackpot (before this everyone played for fun, this change brought profit-thought to the game and slowly killed the fun), which are so in-grained that that cannot be corrected.

Finally, the lag is getting worse again. However, it is most likely do to the players. I just cannot see how with each active looter in the game try to open 10 for 20 tabs at once using link clump or another similar plug-in cannot overwhelm the server. The amount of simultaneous page request hitting the server can do nothing but cause the TOH lag. Sort of curious that the lag starts decrease at 5 after the hour and continually gets better until TOH. Storm, I do not believe that there is much you can do coding wise to handle this problem.[/QUOTE]

You cannot blame the amount of tabs open at one time on the lag.
                      This game once had 1000's of people online at once. If 20 looters each open 10 tabs for toh, it still wouldnt compare back to when it was busy and each person had 1 tab open.
                      bLiNd_As_A_bAt
                      HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

if bank robbing can be introduced as planned then it would be a great addition.
                        bots are fine as it gives balance between those who spend cash and those who spend time in the game.
                        browser based games are not really a thing nowadays so I'm looking forward on the mobile app as discussed in the other threads.

Comment

I hope this app comes out soon

Comment

If you remove the Bots.. then you lose the looters and we will be back to a zeroed game.

Comment

Im looting at only 1 tab opened. And i have a decent PC.

Looting is big skill. I brought 10 trill without any sub on capped round 90k tunrs. So one collector without adding turns, for round can bring about 2 trill.
                              So looting is skill :)

Comment

Working...
                              X