Question to old school players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to old school players

Back in the day, Devils Gate used the be the big union, I always thought they had over 100 family's at their peak(I could be wrong). The big war was DG VS Foundhell.

My question is what happened to DG owning the game, to CYP/Pops taking it over and DG leaving on mass.
    I heard it was because DG were mostly free players and the supporters just came in and kicked their butts, so they left.
    Is this true? Is there anything more to this story? I know this was probably 9-10 years ago, I'm just curious if anyone still remembers.

DG never had 100 "families".. The largest I remember was Omerta with something like 300 people, but not families.

Comment

And as for what I remember, DG left more because of new rules than anything else. They weren't running a maxed banker and had a hard time keeping their cash safe. Chop use to keep value in cars but when the rules changed he couldn't keep them safe anymore so they were losing most of what they had earned.

Comment

DG had 3 divisions, Darkstarr, The Chop, and Onadiscount , I think each had 20-30 fams per division, a bit more at their peak, course that's not important( and I'm a bit fuzzy about that), I would like to know what happened to DG leaving and Cyp/pops taking over. There must be some story.

Comment

Omerta/Pops was long before DG.

Comment

DG had at least 1500 members in the games prime. I mean NYU had 400 members in its prime. Omerta was big but I will be honest I do not know even an estimate for them. These numbers are just that an estimate but anybody here when DG was in its prime will know it was huge.

Comment

DG never had 1500 members and closer to 30 families not 100. DG seems to grow in size every time it is brought up. Also DG never ran the game so why would Cyp/Pops take over?
              Last edited by Drizzle; 05-17-2015, 05:02 AM.

Comment

OK even if you were spot on and they had 700-1000 members that is still big, but it would seem nexus is curious as to why they left. I myself was new when in DG, left for a bit , came back and was then in Phoenix. I was a noober anyway so I have no real idea why they left.

Comment

DG was never that big.. They did have a lot of families.. but never that many. If they did, they were not full families. they also never really did much in the game. They tried, but they lacked supporters which also contributed to their downfall. Look back on past ranks.. Omerta was in the ranks by round 14 and DG in round 57... Pissheads came sometime after that.

Comment

just ask magnum, he was one of their "original don" after all. but do it fast, hes leaving after this round

Comment

I could be wrong here as many rounds of habitual drinking in the past have led me astray but around the time of Cyp and Omerta, Free World Bank popped up with devils gate to challenge the omerta bank. They had an ok run for a few rounds, some attempts to steal banks and so on but it didn't last that long and I'm pretty sure most if not all went down with FWB. I THINK that's what happened.

Comment

Let me follow up to that by saying I COULD BE WRONG but regardless, that's what I remember.

Comment

Yap fwb crash was bad for DG. Plus in numbers I can't recall they were that big max 60 fams at their peak I believe, no full fams of course, Pissheads were kicking their assess a lot too. Big issue was also having so much fams organization started to be tough. Often we could trick one of their fam to hit another just because it was hard for them to check fake info. And as in every big crew loose canoons were trying to put own interest in front of union / fam interest

Comment

Devils Gate was bigger than any other family was in the game. I remember because all of their families wouldnt show up in the family search option. If you did a key word search of devils gate in family search, twenty families would pop up but they had more than that. Omerta was like that as well at one point, but i dont think it was at the same time

I dont think its as much a question of the families warring and one left because it lost or whatnot, but as mentioned previously, DG left the game at a rule change. When a family THAT big leaves the game, its not because of wars. When Omerta dropped in size, it wasnt because of a lost war or because of banking, it was because of the rule change that introduced the difference between won turns and bought turns. Players like Pops lost their shit because it didnt matter if turns had been won or bought, they all became won, and only turns bought after that stuck as bought.

This was also the downfall of Cypriot. Cypriot and pissheads had near complete control of the jackpots, the ranks, and the top of the game in general, and this is when a lot of the people who casually played the game, left the game. With Cyp running things, everything was in a rotation and was completely predictable. Cyp was the reason won turns were invented. And as soon as they were, he never spent another penny on the game, and him and his family left and have NEVER returned since. Cyp may have popped in a few times here and there, but has never activated, and never been a real part of any family since.

This is the type of history that most players conveniently forget at times. This is the type of history that makes true vets roll their fucking eyes when people who havent been playing consistently pop up and scream BRING BACK THE OLD RULES OMG THE GAME WAS SO MUCH MORE AWESOME WITH THE OLD RULES THESE NEW RULES SUCK AND STORM SUCKS AND HE RUINED THE GAME. Its laughable, it truly is, because people dont remember the rules changing because the game was staler then year old bread.

I could go on and on with REAL history of the game.

One of my favorites about Devils Gate was that they were directly responsible for the creation of the original NYCU. Devils Gate was always in Buenos Aires, but Phoenix, which was by and large a "feeder family" to Devils Gate, and was created by people who had previously been in Devils Gate, Phoenix tried to make a move into NYC and claim it as their own city. New York was ALWAYS the one city in the game that no one family claimed. All of the original indie families, like Skidmark and Circus Nuts, they were NYC. And all of the families that were based in NYC, they always had a healthy respect for each other, but never were an actual union. But when Phoenix made a move on NYC, with the backing of Devils Gate, thats when the original NYC Dons sat down and created the original NYCU. Prophecy, Wolfpack, Gambino, Militia, and Cosa Nostra were THE ORIGINAL NYCU. I mean when Cypriot was running Wolfpack, myself and calias were running Prophecy, when Spaniard and fug and attila and axis were running Gambino, Cosa was led by Luke, and Militia was led by people i dont remember but ended up joining Cyp in Pissheads at a later date.

Most people dont remember when Cyp started as a Woldpack boss, and actually worked with people. Then he left Wolfpack and joined Devils Gate, and thats where he learned to really run things. Then he left Devils Gate and started Pissheads as a super supporter family, the first the game had seen of that nature.

Go check the past ranks if you want to dig back into the double digit rounds. Ask Matty and PETENASTY, they are both in my family. Go look back to when levels didnt exist, and it was just free or supporter top ten for a round.

So much history, so much random bullshit. But the BIG changes, they almost always happened when the rules changed

Comment

Somebody forgot to tell Dom that people don't read such long posts. They forget what was in the first few paragraphs. I can't recall what change happened around the FWB time that would've made them leave. As I recall, everything was the same then. And FWB opening up is what brought a lot of them back. Once it was gone, they mostly left again.

Comment

Working...
                              X