No announcement yet.

Do you recruit new players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Tiki;111823]Do you recruit new players to your family/union?
    If so are there any issues?
    If not why not?
    What would encourage you to recruit new players?[/Q

No because I would be doing tmb a favor and I wouldnt get paid for it.
    Recruiting new players isn't worth the hassle, first we have to explain the complex rules to them then they have to decide whether they want to log back in, so in the end there is to many maybe's that is it really worth our time and effort?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Cat View Post
      all you need is game activity and people will stick around....

just avoid the dead game iu was responsible for and we'll be fine.....
      The problem with your comment is even if we did do this, players are bound to get bored
      Thats why the game should mix things up a bit
      SOE~

Comment

all you need is game activity and people will stick around....

just avoid the dead game iu was responsible for and we'll be fine.....

So what ur saying is, the fam of 40 killed entire game. Are u aware how noobish do u sound every time u post ur demented shit about IU families. Entire game against 40 ppl, even when UT were around u got beaten. Once again, learn how to play the game before u post ur drunken opinion

Comment

I like soe's idea might be impossible but looks fun. I also think that if you made the family size 30, new players would get in somewhere. While we fill 20 easy ,we do not have 30. Over time perhaps but you could still just have 20 prizes. The social aspect is key to some who play and is surely important to new players. There of course is no one answer as players are all different.

Comment

if you have 40 people and half of them are tier 4 really trying to zero everyone in game you WILL get a zeroed game, lopov...

i know your not known for your sheer brilliance but that's not too hard to grasp is it?

especially if your terror approach (ask players to leave, call them cunt consistently, keep them from playing etc) adds to that...

also at some point those 40 people were about 10% of what was left of the game so i'm glad they don't cater idiots like you anymore

you useless cunt!
            It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

and even after 3 years of terror we still try recruit new players even if people like yourself try and ruin that as well....

lopov, you suck and i hope your crotch gets itchy for the rest of your miserable life...say hi to your mom for me
              It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

I can call ppl however the fuck i want, so can everyone else. After all this is not charity site, its mafia game. As for recruiting, i doubt theres anything u cant teach to new players as i alrdy stated, and everyone here seen how much u rly know about the game itself

Comment

Either join a family or start one that's how most of us got started maybe they should try and play as a new family and learn as they go

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus_Constanino View Post
                    Either join a family or start one that's how most of us got started maybe they should try and play as a new family and learn as they go
                    That's how I did. Some guy from Prophecy 7 or 8 years ago tried to bully me into joining his family. Pissed me off enough to log back in and learn slowly but surely how to play, first by using AK 47 then by using the revenge feature ( back when you could revenge not only just through drive by), a few months in I finally learned how the net worth worked, blah blah blah, learned how to kill operatives of zeroed collectards, killing unarmed, looting 527 noobs, all around level 1 shenanigans. Good times.

Comment

Basically what I'm getting at is sometimes you have to attract flies with shit and not sugar, have you and a buddy as noob, talk shit, attack, then have a third party tell said noob how to get revenge on the person who attacked noob. Then later on when the noob is no longer a noob, befriend noob.

Comment

Originally posted by LOPOV View Post
                        I can call ppl however the fuck i want, so can everyone else. After all this is not charity site, its mafia game. As for recruiting, i doubt theres anything u cant teach to new players as i alrdy stated, and everyone here seen how much u rly know about the game itself
                        you're the one hopping from family to family for ranks you former how many families by now?

i formed a family 5 years ago that still exists and forms the backbone of one of the oldest unions in game

you made yourself sound even more stupid than i thought was possible lol

+ i don't need a tier4 status zeroing an entire game to make myself relevant you manchild

Comment

you're the one hopping from family to family for ranks you former how many families by now?

i formed a family 5 years ago that still exists and forms the backbone of one of the oldest unions in game

you made yourself sound even more stupid than i thought was possible lol

+ i don't need a tier4 status zeroing an entire game to make myself relevant you manchild
                          Lopov has been with Iu 3-4 years now and has been a big part of it
                          You been with your family 5 years and what the fuck did you do?
                          Complain like a little bitch?

You the leader of a family how big?
                          Couldn't take on the size of a family of 40 people?

You always complain about IU/RU running the game, but you don't take the time to realize they actually were the ones to stick together no matter what the rules were.

Even before the new rules, could rank 8th in family, and we'd all laugh because we had fun doing it
                          Maybe if your shit family of rank whores didn't complain that they couldn't rank easily anymore, you would still have something left

Comment

Originally posted by SOExclusive View Post
                            I have recruited new players and even taught some of them how to play
                            very few are still in this game
                            The problem with recruiting new players is getting them to stay active in the game

And the sad reality of recruiting is
                            if your family aint winning, they not joining or staying. Especially if they feel like they are needed to help the family. One member of my told me this last year and left to rebuild a family based in Sydney with someone they knew.
                            Most new players also don't take the initiative in looking for a family. Even then when they find a family, their role is limited
                            So maybe we implant the roles in the game. I will explain more in my suggestion part

Suggestions:
                            When the coming of new rules...

Maybe we shouldn't allow people to come directly into the game and start a family. In the real mafia world, people started with a family was given the Don's permission after a certain period to make their own family.\

---Reputation System: This was mentioned before. We could add that people who play a certain number of rounds can start their own family.
                            Other than that, the only choice is to run as a indi player.

---Family Titles: Right now, these titles (soldier, captain, etc) mean nothing. How about we let them actually mean something and do particular thing. Basically limit what people can do by the title position they hold.
                            I still think there should be an enforcer rank; a person who can keep the family members in "check"

Soldiers: Basically a ground team who do most of the dirty work. Steal and kill (Looter/Killer). Cannot build ops, collect, or produce. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Captains: Basically the captain of the soldiers. Steal and Kill (Looter/Killer). Have the ability to revenge hits on their group of soldiers. Cannot have more than 2 soldiers in their group. Cannot build ops, collect, or produce. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss

Underboss: Basically generates the cash for the family. Build ops and collect or produce. Cannot attack anyone. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss

Bruglione: Basically the leaders of the underboss. Build ops and collect or produce. Receive an extra 10% of cash per day based on 2 personal underboss networth. Cannot attack anyone. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Enforcer: Basically, the personal guard and watch dog of the consigliere and boss. May attack any family member except consigliere and boss. Can attack enemies. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Consigliere: Can attack, collect, or produce. Transfers are open for this role and can receive 25% of all cash from any member through transfers.

Boss: Can attack, collect, or produce. Transfers are open for this role and can receive 25% of all cash from any member through transfers.

Number of positions available:
                            6 soldiers
                            3 captains
                            5 underboss
                            3 brugliones
                            1 enforcer
                            1 consigliere
                            1 boss

Other roles that are in the game currently remain the same.
                            You don't have to follow these suggestion exactly

But my point being is the only way to make a new player active and stay is to give them some role.
                            The way the game is now, roles are something that can be created within the family, and they have nothing to do with the gameplay or strategy of the playing this game
                            But if roles of family members was implanted in the game, not mandatory but optional (boss can choose not to give any position if he/she so chooses), then new players would probably feel part of the community or family one way or another. They would feel their role plays a huge part in the family success.

If a boss does chooses not to give out positions, then those players in that family wouldn't be able to play the round.
                            Just build dus or ops.
                            Your idea is good, but I think they should be able to bank more cash in the union/family then
                            A problem with the killing is people not being low enough
                            If 10 members have 1 bil million each, which 5 of them can send it to the boss/consig

It leaves them at higher net to be hit, and idiots like V still complaining

Comment

did lopov buy you subs like danzig bought mackenzie rounds?

bit defensive....or is he like your dad or something?

weirdo.....

Comment

btw you ask a lot of questions and assume a lot but seemingly know shit....

....also all you needed to be iu was hatred for this game and its players

you people are aweful...and responsible for a lot of shitty things in this game

you even made people forget about those cancer faking people from 14.....

Comment

Working...
                                X