No announcement yet.

Do you recruit new players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated we do not really have room, we might get a new player but that player usually has played before. If you do not want to increase the family size give each family 1 extra spot only for a new player. Currently if you get a new player you are stuck with him for the round. Hurricane perhaps you should work on your diplomacy skills, it would be hard to teach it to a new player if you yourself lack it.

Comment

I recruit new players every round. So long as they are online at the time and accept the invite, I give them precise and easy to use hiring instructions on how to collect, loot, or kill, how to properly arm themselves and win attacks, and what types of players ( high tier players level 3 or 4 who mainly kill, and low builders who use revenges, haters, etc) not to start out attacking, I tell them to keep their net low, I try to explain how to use each safe box, whether it be the personal safe, family, or union bank, who To send money to and why and that I am not telling them that to steal their money but to help them out from being pwned. 97 out of 100 still don't listen or still don't understand how to follow simple directions or just plain don't appreciate a text based game such as this.

Comment

And increasing family size won't help address the problem, it will just add rank spots for "new" multis, let's not fool ourselves.

Comment

Mea culpa, I will take as a good criticism about my last post from my staff account, even the hard and disrespectfull ones. Perhaps my post got taken as abusive and made to aim the family A or B, what is not the case and also it wasn't my intention.

Botton line, what I post has nothing to do with force families to hire new players and not vets, but clearly its related with the actual game scenario that will makes the indi families NATURALLY recruit and stick with vets as better use for the new spots open. Period.

I expent more than one year in the Training Grounds working directly with new players, I will be glad to go back to TGs because teach new players don’t bothers me as may bother other vet player, but I can’t do it again because don’t have this department in the Staff anymore. From that time, I understand that the majority of the new players join the game, accept one invite, take a look and go away without even talk a single word. Thats why will be a natural thing the SOLO families stick with vets instead of recruit new players.

It was a personal opinion made from my staff account in one thread that was made to listen the players.

From now, please, keep posting your players views related with the Tiki’s point stated in the beginning of this thread.

Regards
          Hurricane

Comment

I don't know if people going to like this or not but it is my reality.

I come back every once in a while and try and get a vibe for where the game is going.

I try and give different families a chance. Most of the people are by and large good people no matter what family it is.

I unfortunately wasnt able to convince storm who I was by name so he could give me my name status back. Instead now I have a mispelled character. I try and convince with my game play that I am not some schmuck but still I gotta start from scratch. Some people may get turned off by this and not want to bother starting from scratch.

But let me say that I popped into the training grounds and it was a failure. I don't fault the people giving their time but there really is not a good foundation for learning to get the players ENGAGED into the game. The format leaves much to be desired for doing this very effectively.

I tried out different families and like I stated there is no point in thinking one is better then the other as far as teammates are concerned.
            I find that the percentage of running into an asshole is just slightly different from family to family. Most are all pretty good guys. The level of player has fallen quite a bit from when I played actively. I think you have to have internal challenges within family now to make things interesting and engaging. This should be arranged from the leaders of the family. Unfortunately there is also a class system that seems to exist from supporters vs non supporters. This seems to be almost by design but it makes for a disconnect in the cohesiveness in the family. Example. All supporters in a family seem to get together to talk about turbo plans independent of actually utilizing free players. This due by the reality of the massive difference in abilities that a sub can do over a free player. The free player with average skills doesnt feel like part of the game and says screw this.

You can't have this wide gap in game play. You have to welcome back returning players because they would be more likely to stay for a while then someone brand new.

Comment

The family I'm in fills fast with our regular members. We do not want to form a union.
              Therefore we really can't recruit, even though we have plenty that can teach a new player
              how to play(kill,loot,collect). Yes, if the fams expanded and vet player wanted to join we would probably take them over a noob.
              Everyone who has played for a long time has trained up noobs only to have them vanish...... after putting time and effort in training them.

My thought on keeping noobs coming back is they need to make one friend when they come on.
              Someone who will teach them, and give them a reason to come back on. If that friend happens to
              be of the opposite sex all the better. They still might not stay, but I think that is the best chance to get them to stay.
              If that doesn't happen, the same ole thing will happen, they will activate get zeroed and will never be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by freddysandord View Post
                I don't know if people going to like this or not but it is my reality.

I come back every once in a while and try and get a vibe for where the game is going.

I try and give different families a chance. Most of the people are by and large good people no matter what family it is.

I unfortunately wasnt able to convince storm who I was by name so he could give me my name status back. Instead now I have a mispelled character. I try and convince with my game play that I am not some schmuck but still I gotta start from scratch. Some people may get turned off by this and not want to bother starting from scratch.

But let me say that I popped into the training grounds and it was a failure. I don't fault the people giving their time but there really is not a good foundation for learning to get the players ENGAGED into the game. The format leaves much to be desired for doing this very effectively.

I tried out different families and like I stated there is no point in thinking one is better then the other as far as teammates are concerned.
                I find that the percentage of running into an asshole is just slightly different from family to family. Most are all pretty good guys. The level of player has fallen quite a bit from when I played actively. I think you have to have internal challenges within family now to make things interesting and engaging. This should be arranged from the leaders of the family. Unfortunately there is also a class system that seems to exist from supporters vs non supporters. This seems to be almost by design but it makes for a disconnect in the cohesiveness in the family. Example. All supporters in a family seem to get together to talk about turbo plans independent of actually utilizing free players. This due by the reality of the massive difference in abilities that a sub can do over a free player. The free player with average skills doesnt feel like part of the game and says screw this.

You can't have this wide gap in game play. You have to welcome back returning players because they would be more likely to stay for a while then someone brand new.
                Exactly, I have an inherent distrust when it comes to turbo, I don't even tell my own union my turbo name until well into the turbo for fear of spies, undercover fuck bois, ETC. Plus I have a slim and none chance to be in a ranking turbo family or to find decent farming volunteers for free killers medal farmer in Turbo, so it's like basically I'm on my own in Turbo. You break your black in main round getting your players to collect for the union yourself included all for a rank spot you couldn't care less about because you can only add 999 credits before you go llevel 2 and the credits don't help you accomplish personal goals, now my union is trippin about adopting a similar icon like it's going to make us seem stronger. I'm like fuck that shit I need a gold medal in free killers fuck everything else. Basically it's only me myself and I out here in the end. I like pixel medals too but whatever, I don't trust nobody around here.

Comment

The copout I see is bitches that complain about the time it takes to train new players only to have them leave. For Christ sake what the fuck else you have to do? You are already spending God only knows how many fucking hours on an internet game yet you complain that you don’t have time train new people? Let’s just call it as it is, you are too fuckin’ lazy and/or are lacking in the social skills it takes to recruit, develop, and teach a new player into becoming an active member of the TMB community. I sure hope you cunts haven't procreated yet, or your children will be as fucked up as you.

Comment

after all this dribble n foam of the mouth...NOPE

Comment

I have recruited new players and even taught some of them how to play
                      very few are still in this game
                      The problem with recruiting new players is getting them to stay active in the game

And the sad reality of recruiting is
                      if your family aint winning, they not joining or staying. Especially if they feel like they are needed to help the family. One member of my told me this last year and left to rebuild a family based in Sydney with someone they knew.
                      Most new players also don't take the initiative in looking for a family. Even then when they find a family, their role is limited
                      So maybe we implant the roles in the game. I will explain more in my suggestion part

Suggestions:
                      When the coming of new rules...

Maybe we shouldn't allow people to come directly into the game and start a family. In the real mafia world, people started with a family was given the Don's permission after a certain period to make their own family.\

---Reputation System: This was mentioned before. We could add that people who play a certain number of rounds can start their own family.
                      Other than that, the only choice is to run as a indi player.

---Family Titles: Right now, these titles (soldier, captain, etc) mean nothing. How about we let them actually mean something and do particular thing. Basically limit what people can do by the title position they hold.
                      I still think there should be an enforcer rank; a person who can keep the family members in "check"

Soldiers: Basically a ground team who do most of the dirty work. Steal and kill (Looter/Killer). Cannot build ops, collect, or produce. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Captains: Basically the captain of the soldiers. Steal and Kill (Looter/Killer). Have the ability to revenge hits on their group of soldiers. Cannot have more than 2 soldiers in their group. Cannot build ops, collect, or produce. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss

Underboss: Basically generates the cash for the family. Build ops and collect or produce. Cannot attack anyone. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss

Bruglione: Basically the leaders of the underboss. Build ops and collect or produce. Receive an extra 10% of cash per day based on 2 personal underboss networth. Cannot attack anyone. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Enforcer: Basically, the personal guard and watch dog of the consigliere and boss. May attack any family member except consigliere and boss. Can attack enemies. Can ONLY send or accept transfers from the consigliere or boss.

Consigliere: Can attack, collect, or produce. Transfers are open for this role and can receive 25% of all cash from any member through transfers.

Boss: Can attack, collect, or produce. Transfers are open for this role and can receive 25% of all cash from any member through transfers.

Number of positions available:
                      6 soldiers
                      3 captains
                      5 underboss
                      3 brugliones
                      1 enforcer
                      1 consigliere
                      1 boss

Other roles that are in the game currently remain the same.
                      You don't have to follow these suggestion exactly

But my point being is the only way to make a new player active and stay is to give them some role.
                      The way the game is now, roles are something that can be created within the family, and they have nothing to do with the gameplay or strategy of the playing this game
                      But if roles of family members was implanted in the game, not mandatory but optional (boss can choose not to give any position if he/she so chooses), then new players would probably feel part of the community or family one way or another. They would feel their role plays a huge part in the family success.

If a boss does chooses not to give out positions, then those players in that family wouldn't be able to play the round.
                      Just build dus or ops.
                      Last edited by SOExclusive; 04-08-2015, 05:33 AM.
                      SOE~

Comment

Sounds kinda cool SOE but again I imagine the code scripting or whatever it is called would make all those proposed changes very difficult to pull off.

Comment

SOE's idea sounds good but i think it would be hard to code, which he acknowledged, so kudos to him for taking the time to think out of the box

I dont think Hurricane deserved the abuse they got for their response. They brings up a good point. All it would take for a veteran family to take advantage of that rule he responded to is having one of their vets make a new account at the beginning of the round and stop using their old one for a month. This is one of the things i instantly thought of when reading that, i can have one of my vets make a new account to qualify as a new player, have him help us during his term as a newb, then when that expires they can go back to their old account and we can have someone else rotate in as a "new" player. Think of it that way and Hurricane makes perfect sense in what they said.

I would LOVE for the family size to increase, it is an every round ordeal to fit the 19 i want into my family. But it is a bit of a cop out to just increase family size. Then you have to revamp everything about the ranks. Does it take more than ten to qualify as a family? Does it take more than thirty to qualify as a union? Do unions get more or less people to qualify for rank if their size requirements go up? You guys talk about long lasting effects, well those are some big ones.

I dont think there is an easy answer for this, and thats exactly why tiki threw it to an open forum. you know you are going to get some negativity, you know you are going to get some trolls, but if you ask the general public for an idea, and you get one good one out of forty responses, then it was worth it, because you have nothing to lose in the first place.

The training ground families were a good idea, and for the one or two negative stories on this thread, i still think they did more good than harm. They dont work in this current game rules because you cant leave families, and thats when they stopped running them. Because the idea was always that the players would leave the training ground family once they felt secure and go for a real family in the game. So trying to bring them into this conversation is just apples to oranges, different rules, different approach.

Good thread

Comment

@SOE now that game sounds fun, i want to play that.

Comment

Originally posted by TiggoBitties View Post
                              I have a better idea. Let's adopt the IU/RU model of killing every new player as soon as possible to break their spirit from the beginning so they quit and we can win more medals. That way when there is no one left we win the medals by default. Then I can sit back in my computer chair and feel special with all my medals while sipping juice in my moms basement.
                              you stole iu's plans? are eck, coca and silly lopov aware you try imitate them?

maybe you should also buy mackenzie a round to make it complete
                              It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

all you need is game activity and people will stick around....

just avoid the dead game iu was responsible for and we'll be fine.....
                                It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X