Do you recruit new players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you recruit new players?

Do you recruit new players to your family/union?
    If so are there any issues?
    If not why not?
    What would encourage you to recruit new players?
    skype = tmbtiki

I try to recruit players to the game not the fam though, no room here.

Comment

The fact that there is a limit on how long a player can be in a round without joining a family before that option expires isn’t helping. Most new players will arrive in the game naively believing they can go it alone and when they inevitable realize they cannot, often after being zeroed and looted therefore losing value as a player for a family anyway, they then get sucker punched by the fact they are locked out of the possibility of joining a family. Then with up to 7 or so days left in the round with no support possible why would they stick around to the next round?

This is the problem of changing a rule to directly combat a single problem in the game without long consideration of further ramifications on other aspects of the game.

Comment

the game has decreased in numbers majorly so the game as a whole should be doing more to attract and keep new players playing

Comment

I have a better idea. Let's adopt the IU/RU model of killing every new player as soon as possible to break their spirit from the beginning so they quit and we can win more medals. That way when there is no one left we win the medals by default. Then I can sit back in my computer chair and feel special with all my medals while sipping juice in my moms basement.

Comment

Fam size doesn't really allow it for single fams.
            Take UC for example. We are full within hours, as we have the 20 usual vets. If the fam size was larger, and we had open spots, we would gladly recruit to fill, and even train those new players.

Unions will recruit, just to fill spots as the value of a new player adds to their union networth.
            Will they then adopt these people, take them under their wings and show them the way? Who knows.
            Will they just use their value and ignore them? Who knows.

Moral: increase fam size
            bLiNd_As_A_bAt
            HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

Originally posted by TiggoBitties View Post
              I have a better idea. Let's adopt the IU/RU model of killing every new player as soon as possible to break their spirit from the beginning so they quit and we can win more medals. That way when there is no one left we win the medals by default. Then I can sit back in my computer chair and feel special with all my medals while sipping juice in my moms basement.
              Ah another tard.. Not IU/RU fault u recruit new players and tell them to hit us, then when u get hunted, not hit, but hunted down like some wild animals u come to us with crying msgs..Ofc im going to tell u to get fucked

Comment

i have and still would but family is usually full pretty fast with regular players. In a difficult position the game really isn't big enough to expand to a second family and fam size of 20 is too low to really recruit.

The thing about recruiting though is most players stop playing fast so i usually won't waste my time with teaching until i see them around for a couple rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bLiNd_is_back View Post
                  Fam size doesn't really allow it for single fams.
                  Take UC for example. We are full within hours, as we have the 20 usual vets. If the fam size was larger, and we had open spots, we would gladly recruit to fill, and even train those new players.

Unions will recruit, just to fill spots as the value of a new player adds to their union networth.
                  Will they then adopt these people, take them under their wings and show them the way? Who knows.
                  Will they just use their value and ignore them? Who knows.

Moral: increase fam size
                  Increase the family size will help a family full filled with 20 vets becomes a family full filled with 30 vets. Increasing the family size will not solve the new players situation because they will remain with no home to play with in the end.

Comment

dude give a try on it, make a fam, recruit noobs, teach them and try to do something
                    after spending at least 6 months on it, come back to this thread and elucidate us why

Comment

Originally posted by TMB-Hurricane View Post
                      Increase the family size will help a family full filled with 20 vets becomes a family full filled with 30 vets. Increasing the family size will not solve the new players situation because they will remain with no home to play with in the end.
                      completely disagree. That's a cop out and said to see being posted by admin.

UC does recruit new players. We have had 5-10 new guys in the past 5 rounds. We do fill our family up with first few hours but we also recruit new players. We usually have at least 1 new guy each round. Personally I like the family size, but if it was increased to 30 members we would of course train and recruit new guys even more. Probably 2-3 since we already do 1 now with 20.

but as Hollywood said if your arnt active we won't invest our time either. If you are active then you will get more help.

Comment

Originally posted by TMB-Hurricane View Post
                        So you suggest we stop vets coming in to the fam, so we can save space for noobs?
                        We can teach them to play, to help the game grow, while harming our own play style?

Go back to your training grounds fam, if you are so bothered about teaching noobs.
                        bLiNd_As_A_bAt
                        HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

Sometimes guys are brand new to game, others came back to game that we invite. They are not always "new" guys, but like I said we fill up so fast its first to ask for an invite. If there was more room of course we would recruit. Our family size now is between 17-25.

Comment

Increase familysize by 2 or 3.

But these spots for noobs only
                            Last edited by Roughy; 04-07-2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Roughy has a good idea.. Might be difficult to code but its a good idea. Like blind said, forcing us to not invite vets in favor of noobs is stupid.

but if you reserved those 2-3 spots for newcomers that wouldn't penalize the guys who put in time and helped the game grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X