I have a question about the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about the past

I read the comments on the 3rd TMB community blog and this particular comment stuck out the most

daniele - Today 08:47 AM
    Kinda Agree Scrappy. History facts probably depends on with who that person played. I don't think he or she was involved much back in time anyway.

"I don't think he or she was involved much back in time anyway"

OK help me out here. But I'm starting to get assumptions. From what I hear, the past was best. However, only people from that time know how great it was
    Let say we actually get a person who was from the start of that time until the end and say it was "OK"

Does that person statement get this same treatment??
    "I don't think he or she was involved much back in time anyway"

Its gotten to the point where I'm starting to believe if anybody say anything about the past, it must sound ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WONDERFUL. If it doesn't
    I don't think he or she was involved much back in time anyway

You see what I saying.
    Idk. This type of talk just been grinding my gear from years, so it annoys me when I see how others say one thing but do this to another person
    I don't think he or she was involved much back in time anyway
    basically putting that person in the position as if they don't know what they are talking about

I didn't come here to start an argument. I only want your thoughts
    And I hope you all see where I am coming from here. Its the smallest of things that come out of peoples mouth that are ignored by most, except myself.
    SOE~

i think what most people try to say what's better about those periods was the willingness to play for a family or a group of friends and just basically have fun with eachother rather than have fun by trying to hurt others/keep them from having fun

also the fact that all sorts of players could be found within a group including supporters spread around the families instead of clusterf**king in one family for a jackpot rotation or some pixel medal which is the case last few years with endless boredom as a result

and also the fact a certain group of people nowadays enjoys zeroing the game asap...which results in stagnation of gameplay

there are many more factors but i agree things could be bitchy back then as well...rotations of 13 bank/pissheads were equally boring at times but due to more players in game you had a lot of fun between SOR and EOR because of the activity going on + du's to work with lol
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

There was also a common courtesy of not hitting ops at all. And it was only like 4 turns to hit ops but now its 5000 turns to hit ops so somewhere along the line people must have started op killing... not sure wat happened with that cos i was absent

Comment

ugh i ugh u ugh
        It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

I always killed ops. Double zero. It wasn't uncommon at all.

Comment

Yes, the double 0 was common back in the day for families getting the bitch slap. If I remember right Matty might be one of the oldest players still playing. Damn haven't seen that name in some time.

Comment

I came back not too long ago after some extended time away. Trying to make sense of what happened. People seem to blame IU/RU for a lot...but that sounds pretty silly.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Cat View Post
                ugh i ugh u ugh
                Choking cos yaahhhh getting it SHUVVED DARN YA THROATTTT R U

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Cat View Post
                  i think what most people try to say what's better about those periods was the willingness to play for a family or a group of friends and just basically have fun with eachother rather than have fun by trying to hurt others/keep them from having fun

also the fact that all sorts of players could be found within a group including supporters spread around the families instead of clusterf**king in one family for a jackpot rotation or some pixel medal which is the case last few years with endless boredom as a result

and also the fact a certain group of people nowadays enjoys zeroing the game asap...which results in stagnation of gameplay

there are many more factors but i agree things could be bitchy back then as well...rotations of 13 bank/pissheads were equally boring at times but due to more players in game you had a lot of fun between SOR and EOR because of the activity going on + du's to work with lol
                  More social fun due to the sheer volume of players populating the game, but harder to compete for ranks, much more corruption,collusion, rankwhoring, but more was put into profile and family media's, so we're comparing apples and oranges, back then you had to farm kills and suck fat Islander, Omerta, Pisshead, Cypriot, and others cocks to get medals, now not quite as bad, plus free killers ranks give the little guy something to go after instead of just being a collectard who went unappreciated and forgotten. I have to say I have more fun now than then except I miss sosome people I haven't heard from in a long time. I can agree with V that back then it was more about fun, earning respect among your peers, and smack talking rivals, now it is much.more cutthroat and personally hurtful amongst the small groups of players competing with one another for different ranks. I sawsay back then that you realized how futile and vain your existence was as a free player in the game that you found fun in different ways to stay busy. I kinda like the hatefulness though because after so many years of playing TMB you learn this mmorpg world ain't much different than the real world, populated with selfish scum, disloyal, infidels, so you have to find who suits your best interests all the while not feeling disgusted by associating with them in the slightest or at least taking as much as you can stomach ... try to find people willing to make sacrifices for you and vice versa , some people are here to have fun, some people only can have fun if it is at the expense of the TMB community, some people want attention, fame, credits, medals, some don't give a shit, some don't know how to play but still have fun, some like to troll forums and inboxes, some couldn't care less if the game they support financially and have played for years goes dead broke or unpopulated and are willing to cheat or do anything to"win" It's all a perspective thing I guess.

Comment

when you play a game with over 9k to 11k actives..that's the real past..there was so many in and outs and deals made..looting of banks toh hunting..i have played the game 9 years and i say about 5 actively..the first 2 years i played this game was best times of my gaming life..but again its your own perspective and how you feel no one can take that from you..its a different generation..everything evolves in different ways as do games..just my petty 2 cents!!!

Comment

Nice thread SOE

Comment

It's funny because we sound like the old men in rocking chairs talking about "back in the day"...I know that. The reality is that the game was decidedly different in an overwhelmingly positive manner. There was something for everyone, truly, where people were able to look at one game but play for a myriad of different reasons. We had looting, banking (when it meant something), collectors, unions, indie families, etc...and people played to accomplish different things. Ranking was a little less "everybody gets a trophy" than it's become and therefore meant something a little different than it does now. The "ranking rotations" existed at the top, they always will as it's just an intelligent way to operate, but the game wasn't a collecting playground as much as a battlefield. Now you have people who don't honestly have any idea what the hell it means to actually play and protect themselves who can build ops all round without fear of them being taken by hits. Current state, TMB is one giant "collect off" with the God awful kill points thrown in there to try to appease what was once a much larger sect of people who enjoyed the violence as much as the money.

"War" doesn't exist now. Not even a little bit. No du's? Oh well. Your round will still be whatever you want it to be.

Players who only know the current state of the game have no concept of true net worth manipulation, how to protect their worth, op hunting to damage those who valued collecting, double zeros, etc. It doesn't make them bad players. They're just operating within the guidelines now and do what they are forced to do to try to be as competitive as possible.

THAT is why you hear such a discrepancy sometimes when people talk about "the old days".

Love,
                        Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                          I came back not too long ago after some extended time away. Trying to make sense of what happened. People seem to blame IU/RU for a lot...but that sounds pretty silly.
                          why?

ofcourse there were silly rules in play BUT they DID zero the entire game for years with ill intentions...they did clusterf**k like madman rotating for jackpot way worse than all the cyps and pops combined...they DID try to ruin fun for anyone not part of their circlejerk

for three years straight....and during that period numbers went down drastically

explain what's silly about it...

Comment

thread closed .. the V vinyl is skipping again

Comment

you can try ignore facts but they remain facts...skip...skip...skip

just answer the question....or come up with a counter-argument

i know all your childish remarks by now to evade the real issue

islander DID zero the entire game

iu DID zero the entire game

and the zeroed state of the game combined with aweful attitudes in iu is what drove people off.....

they were the ones eliminating the fun factor for everyone else....else...else...else...

Comment

Working...
                              X