• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Storm
    Administrator

• Storm
    replied
    Let me just explain clearly about ops and collecting:

Just because killers and looters are online more doesn't make you more special than collectors. Every style that players here is important. Collectors used to form the main game numbers back in the "good old days" that everyone who can remember, speaks about...

If you kill a collectors Op's, especially early in a round....heir game is done. That's why I am against excessive ops killing in this game. We have lost 1000's of players due to this,and they were mostly collectors and in fact looters only really formed a small % of the game overall...Also to simulate the mafia feel and bring back some authenticity to it, we want money making to be the more primary goal of the game. If a collector loses their cash its as bad as losing their ops but at least they can still try to recoup but if ops are killed their game is dead.

So there is going to be other and better ways to compete against collectors and its not going to be in ways that is related to old rules and game play. So you guys are speculating about things without having sufficient data or views to get a whole picture.....which, of course.... i do understand,. So we got great feedback from you all, thanks...and points of pressure that we need to recognize where we will need to improve or ease up on.

I am against killing excessively in the game because it just is too destructive and goes against the type of game play that i will push the game toward again. However we want to provide activity for people who like to attack that simply is less destructive, hence adding some NPC targets, and big cash hits like bank attacks etc....Players reading this must just try not to speculate how it will be or panic cos it may be new to you...., we have done these things before, attacking banks etc. so we know what we are doing and we know to what point it can be a blast and fun to do and also when it needs to stop so that players dont lose everything in one shot....the main thing here is active families wont get robbed and good active players from ANY level can become legends once again. That's what this game is missing.

This game simply at the moment has too little players to allow the type of killing domination we have seen over the last 2 years of killers over the entire game, it just isn't and wasn't working. It also is not our policy to just go and adopt old rules and ways, rather we will try to capture some of the good elements those had and synthesize it into something new and exciting

Overall i am happy to see that the base ideas we proposed are not hated, it makes a refreshing change and certain questions around prices of things I don't really expect players to be able to give me the optimal numbers I need, and we do have sufficient data to be able to move forward to provide newer and more cost effective to player and business products. I asked it anyway just to get an idea of breaking point. Any player will always ask for something cheaper....its human nature if i ask how much do you think...you will respond with as low as possible but fair to your pocket cost and it may not be practical to the business so we try to find a halfway mark...anyway i digress...

We are clear what we are going to do and when we will do it and we will try ASAP to roll out everything once we got it all refined

Thanks and thread is now closed. My mailbox is always open and so is the game suggestions, please feel free to use it anytime, we do monitor the game suggestions even though we dont reply.

- Storm

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    mighty.. I just put out the proposed changes as I received em. I still don't know about attacking banks and what that means.

danielle.. yeah you got it.

Leave a comment:

• mightymax

• mightymax
    replied
    7. Seems like a good idea for looting, you know how I feel about those silly kill points.
    8. Same as above
    9. NO
    10. 60-90 days is better than 30
    11. Yes
    12. Yes

not to much info on the changes seem very vague so hard to answer most of them.

Leave a comment:

• mightymax

• mightymax
    replied
    1. Yes
    2. Depends on number 1
    3. Yes
    4. No, get rid of kill counts, prizes, medals associated with it. Tmb incentivizes meaningless and random killing with kill counts and prizes. It takes away from how killing should be used which should be for the family. Wars, city control, operatives. This is what killing should be used for not personal kill counts. It is rubbish.
    5. No? Would need a lot more info to make a real decision.
    6. No? Same as above although as of now I see no problem with the bank %

Leave a comment:

• daniele

• daniele
    replied
    I'm not sure why people doesn't discuss changes, I mean admin left thread open to have a glance on player ideas but beside few of us posting... other are speaking less then a damn brick wall. Then when new changes are implemented everyone have opinion.

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    Originally posted by Eli_462 View Post
    if you look at the direction of the game and where it is going do you really think tmb is going to lower the cost of hitting ops. it's not going to happen.

let me fill you in on the direction tmb, it's going to make it easier to target the money ops produce. This way collectors will stay and play the whole round.
    I think hopefully we are talking about changes because EVERYONE realizes that what we have now is a total waste of time and temporary. There is people logging in now just waiting for the changes to see if they are going to bring back some game play. At the beginning of each round now you can take a quick inventory and know in a few seconds the outcome of the round. That will not be a sustaining formula for people that want a game.

And besides all of that Storm did say that this trend to pacify the game would end.
    harryverderchki
    Last edited by harryverderchki; 03-14-2015, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eli_462

• Eli_462
    replied
    if you look at the direction of the game and where it is going do you really think tmb is going to lower the cost of hitting ops. it's not going to happen.

let me fill you in on the direction tmb, it's going to make it easier to target the money ops produce. This way collectors will stay and play the whole round.

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    I would recommend that they just offer to those that can't wait , won't wait, get on an email/text list to be advised when the changes are going to be complete.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDillinger_S

• JohnDillinger_S
    replied
    Originally posted by harryverderchki View Post
    "it will be sooner for some of the elements of the upgrades - but that's the timeline including
    mobile optimization"

Was the answer I got a few days ago when I asked.

I would like to know the timing of these changes . Someone said to me September. Is it
    really going to take that long. ??
    thanks Harry

September, uh it's a very long

Leave a comment:

• SOExclusive

• SOExclusive
    replied
    The likelihood of someone on level 4 hitting a level 1 player ops is rare
    If this deed is done, its not for competition reason. Its more than likely personal.
    I've had it happen to me by numerous unions and family during these current rules.

However,
    What I noticed more often than not, is how level 1 players are able to build ops free of worry until they level up. I've tested this myself in 2 ways
    ---Built as level 1 all round and collected with won 90k won (going level 3). Ops never touched.
    ---Built as level 1 UNTIL DAY 5; collecting with 90k (going level 3).

The moment I went level 3 is when my ops got hammered.

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    [QUOTE=Drudge;110514]
    Originally posted by Kraken View Post
    I can't hit ops if I am a supporter or free player. How to hurt someone in the game is only accomplished by taking away ops. 1000 is still too many turns for players to hit ops.

Exactly correct. You said it yourself, “how to hurt someone in the game is only accomplished by taking away ops”.. But there should also be a consequence for wanting to do so or we end up in the same situation we’ve had for the past 3 years. A dead, zeroed game. Reducing to 1k per hit still allows people to do damage but also requires them to be a bit more strategic in whom they hit and why.

“Why would anyone care”. Spoken like a true cunt. Did you use to bully kids on the playgound too?

New and free players should have the opportunity to play the game too; without fear of getting squashed by a level 4-sub holder that holds 7 times the turns that they do. The amount they send up per round may seem insignificant to you, but if they are in a family, they are still contributing to the family goals and their cash should never be considered insignificant.
    I think the 1000 is probably in a relevant range, but I think with our current numbers its still on the high side. 5000 is insanity. On the the other item regarding hitting ops of level 1 players. hmmm If turns were 1000 per op hit and I am going to hit a level 1 or two player. Holy shit the best I could do for my family is have a level 4 waste thousands of turns hitting my redundant ops. This one you make no sense. If you want to consider 3x. billion dollars as significant for sentimental reasons I guess thats up to you but from a realistic point of view it is insignificant, and the likelihood of a level 4 hitting a level 1 ops at 1000, 500, 250, 100, 50 , 1 turn is so remote and it just makes zero sense to worry about the programming dollars and time to program it . So I don't care one way or another on that one but I sure wouldnt waste time or money on doing it.

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnDillinger_S View Post
    when to expect new rules?
    "it will be sooner for some of the elements of the upgrades - but that's the timeline including
    mobile optimization"

Was the answer I got a few days ago when I asked.

I would like to know the timing of these changes . Someone said to me September. Is it
    really going to take that long. ??
    Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2015, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• harryverderchki

• harryverderchki
    replied
    Originally posted by Drudge View Post
    I disagree.

Since subs do not contribute to the value of the JP, they should be considered “recreational” (for fun) an a level 4 sub holder should not be allowed to compete for JP unless he also contributes to the value of the JP by purchasing bought turns.
    its ok to disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Drudge

• Drudge
    replied
    I can't hit ops if I am a supporter or free player. How to hurt someone in the game is only accomplished by taking away ops. 1000 is still too many turns for players to hit ops.
    Exactly correct. You said it yourself, “how to hurt someone in the game is only accomplished by taking away ops”.. But there should also be a consequence for wanting to do so or we end up in the same situation we’ve had for the past 3 years. A dead, zeroed game. Reducing to 1k per hit still allows people to do damage but also requires them to be a bit more strategic in whom they hit and why.

I also disagree with the level 4s not being able to hit lower level ops. Why would they in the first place? A level one only gets about 34 billion not getting hit. Why would anyone care. ?
    “Why would anyone care”. Spoken like a true cunt. Did you use to bully kids on the playgound too?

New and free players should have the opportunity to play the game too; without fear of getting squashed by a level 4-sub holder that holds 7 times the turns that they do. The amount they send up per round may seem insignificant to you, but if they are in a family, they are still contributing to the family goals and their cash should never be considered insignificant.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2015, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDillinger_S

• JohnDillinger_S
    replied
    when to expect new rules?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2015, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X