Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5k OPPs HiT

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5k OPPs HiT

    How about we tweak this overkill rule in main to a reasonable amount !!!
    Get this game firing again..!!

  • #2
    Hi Bono and TMB players

    i was gonna make a separate post about this but every time some player asks "why don't we do this?" we always just find creative ways to not answer comprehensively from our side because we don't have the full answers yet and its under revision so we just file it all in a suggestion box. So I will use this an an opportunity to respond in a long way

    Its time to start to give you all some feedback on what we are busy with for 2015 and the future and why we got rules that is like this now.

    The game is heading in a different and new direction and has been with this high cost on ops hit rule being a temp fix for a much more important issue, as we work on upgrades to the game for 2015. It is only a small tweak which is part of a whole lot of improvements that are going to come. We are going to separate money making from killing. Killing effect on collecting/ops has been purposely diminished by management because it's no contest, collectors build to make money and killers build to kill, and If you kill ops excessively, you take away the purpose of play for collectors and the game loses players. Collectors have no defense against killers. Killer argue otherwise, but the fact of everything-is simply that we are changing the game landscape.

    We have allowed for the current rules to stand for a while, as players have been bombarded with ever changing rules a lot last year. The new solutions is aimed more toward teamwork to make money, to again get back to the roots of where we simulate the real mafia.

    We will strive to get some of the exciting aspects of the old rules back into the game , like 527's, and bank attacks, and old kill count calculations. BUT - if we think of the "old rules" in its entire form -Other similar clone games who run on those older rule-sets have not grown and many have closed down, so for TMB management, its not a sustainable game model to have

    We are further working to try to give players more things to do that is not boring and maybe doesn't fit the game [like missions]. We want to create things that involve having the skills to attack, loot or collect like a boss - things that this game is liked for. The game is currently turned around now from early last year a 24/7 all-players-dead game, to a more teamwork based game play where everyone has a purpose to be on until round end.There are some areas that need definite improvement and we are addressing this along with the ever constant current lag issues that come and go for various reasons.

    Let me take this opportunity to just post some of the ideas we are researching to upgrade the game and bring more activity, competition and excitement:

    - Increase free player turns/make free players more powerful
    - Revise and simplify subscriptions to the top 3 ONLY
    - Revise levels turns/subs and credits requirements
    - Create simpler DU based kill counts
    - Create option to Attack Family and Union Banks
    - Revise family and union banking % deposits and mechanics – try Simulate player made banks without the massive online time requirements
    - Create NPC [non player] “Civilian/Citizen” accounts that carry lots of loot and/or kill points and they top up every 3-5 hours with stuff to loot and kill for cash and kill points
    - Create very fast moving attackable NPC accounts that carry big bonus rewards in loot and/or kill points
    - Revise family and union prizes-: +-50% of all family/union get prizes, don or boss to select
    - Revise won credits cap and expiry – explore possibilities to allow players to create a career/reputation in the game
    - Make the game mobile phone friendly

    Let me know what you think, the points above are ideas in research and I really am open to your thoughts but I am really not interested in old solutions that don't work elsewhere, that you expect them to work here, unless they got a cool twist or upgrade idea that its based on.

    Thanks
    Game Admin

    Comment


    • #3
      Delivery time for the changes to start being made is expected around July/August/September 2015
      Game Admin

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Storm View Post
        Hi Bono and TMB players

        i was gonna make a separate post about this but every time some player asks "why don't we do this?" we always just find creative ways to not answer comprehensively from our side because we don't have the full answers yet and its under revision so we just file it all in a suggestion box. So I will use this an an opportunity to respond in a long way

        Its time to start to give you all some feedback on what we are busy with for 2015 and the future and why we got rules that is like this now.

        The game is heading in a different and new direction and has been with this high cost on ops hit rule being a temp fix for a much more important issue, as we work on upgrades to the game for 2015. It is only a small tweak which is part of a whole lot of improvements that are going to come. We are going to separate money making from killing. Killing effect on collecting/ops has been purposely diminished by management because it's no contest, collectors build to make money and killers build to kill, and If you kill ops excessively, you take away the purpose of play for collectors and the game loses players. Collectors have no defense against killers. Killer argue otherwise, but the fact of everything-is simply that we are changing the game landscape.

        We have allowed for the current rules to stand for a while, as players have been bombarded with ever changing rules a lot last year. The new solutions is aimed more toward teamwork to make money, to again get back to the roots of where we simulate the real mafia.

        We will strive to get some of the exciting aspects of the old rules back into the game , like 527's, and bank attacks, and old kill count calculations. BUT - if we think of the "old rules" in its entire form -Other similar clone games who run on those older rule-sets have not grown and many have closed down, so for TMB management, its not a sustainable game model to have

        We are further working to try to give players more things to do that is not boring and maybe doesn't fit the game [like missions]. We want to create things that involve having the skills to attack, loot or collect like a boss - things that this game is liked for. The game is currently turned around now from early last year a 24/7 all-players-dead game, to a more teamwork based game play where everyone has a purpose to be on until round end.There are some areas that need definite improvement and we are addressing this along with the ever constant current lag issues that come and go for various reasons.

        Let me take this opportunity to just post some of the ideas we are researching to upgrade the game and bring more activity, competition and excitement:

        - Increase free player turns/make free players more powerful
        - Revise and simplify subscriptions to the top 3 ONLY
        - Revise levels turns/subs and credits requirements
        - Create simpler DU based kill counts
        - Create option to Attack Family and Union Banks
        - Revise family and union banking % deposits and mechanics – try Simulate player made banks without the massive online time requirements
        - Create NPC [non player] “Civilian/Citizen” accounts that carry lots of loot and/or kill points and they top up every 3-5 hours with stuff to loot and kill for cash and kill points
        - Create very fast moving attackable NPC accounts that carry big bonus rewards in loot and/or kill points
        - Revise family and union prizes-: +-50% of all family/union get prizes, don or boss to select
        - Revise won credits cap and expiry – explore possibilities to allow players to create a career/reputation in the game
        - Make the game mobile phone friendly

        Let me know what you think, the points above are ideas in research and I really am open to your thoughts but I am really not interested in old solutions that don't work elsewhere, that you expect them to work here, unless they got a cool twist or upgrade idea that its based on.

        Thanks
        If u want to hire ops then u should not be able to attack other ppl who are hiring dus to kill..if we alrdy going to cut down all hits on collectards why not protect bouth sides equally

        Comment


        • #5
          killing npc shit sounds gay as fuck

          Comment


          • #6
            @ Lopov - please make the effort to read ALL the rules ideas as your point seems unrelated and you will have other targets to gain kills points for and then we can look to revise and increase killer prizes. we are separating the 2. And the emphasis is on money making. we are heading to new things not old ideas and ways that caused the game to slow down.

            plus let me then ask this - sorry for the late edit bro....if we did that, [separated collectors to have no du's] then who you gonna hit?
            Game Admin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dabaws View Post
              killing npc shit sounds gay as fuck
              Thanks for the feedback. If ALL killers feel this we can just not allow kill points to be gained so its not "gay as fuck" for you.

              But for looters this is and will be similar to 527's and we can then just see to that aspect that we lost that was great in the game. Looters used to rape noobs and the contest was to see who was the fastest and a crap-load of money was made by this. Only now noobs wont be affected as much and hopefully it wont cause them so much distress from looters. And if we combine bank hits with this then it will go a long way to help bring back looter excitement and also give dead collectors and killers something to do along the sidelines.

              So that's the idea why we want to do this.
              Game Admin

              Comment


              • #8
                @ Lopov, again I am just trying to understand how you see it? If we took away a collector ability to have DU's then who will you attack? I mean, like just give me a solid idea to work with to understand how you see i and I really don't mean to be funny....I just want something to work with...
                Game Admin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  @ Lopov - please make the effort to read ALL the rules ideas as your point seems unrelated and you will have other targets to gain kills points for and then we can look to revise and increase killer prizes. we are separating the 2. And the emphasis is on money making. we are heading to new things not old ideas and ways that caused the game to slow down.

                  plus let me then ask this - sorry for the late edit bro....if we did that, [separated collectors to have no du's] then who you gonna hit?
                  i have read them well...but think about if collectors uses their dus to suicide on killers, that would be fair by them, but oh they cry if they get hit back. they can make their precious money, but they also have to chose kill or collect just to be fair to the bouth sides. whats the point of 5k per op hits when collectors can just suicide and lose nothing why killers going to suck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like the rules, but I do agree with Lopov

                    Why is it fair, that a collector chooses to waste his dus to suicide on a killer, when he could of just kept them to protect there ops
                    Hitman are strong as fuck, and it is hard to get in range to fully kill them for the amount you have to out build them

                    A collector can just as much ruin a killers round by bringing them down
                    100k hitman can bring 200k mix of thugs and bodyguards down to about 50k which does ruin a killers game too
                    And you do find a lot of collectors that build just to bring down a killer, leaving themselves vulnerable to get fucked up

                    If someone has over 11k ops, why not charge them 5k turns to do an hq hit or driveby. There job is to collect, not kill.
                    Would make eors quite interesting too if there was a challenge

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I still feel collectors are getting help to protect their ops too much its become a lazy role to play in the game. we talk about bringing community together etc yet we doing more and more to tear it apart. the game fundamentals are disappearing. basics are if you want ops you build them. you get a choice what kind of ops. if you hire hustlers you get less a hire but you get dus also. they are there to protect the hustlers. thats the advantage of that hire. if you hire whores etc you dont get any but thats the choice a player has to make. there has to be some advantages and disadvantages of whatever route you choose to take. thats what game play is all about. how you play it.......choose to kill or collect.
                      5k op hits make things too easy on collectors. they dont have to do much. log in once every 16 hours and hire. their dus dont have to protect cos the game rules protect their ops. so their dus are obselete, get suicided or whatever. loggin in once every 16 hours means players dont have to be as active which doesn't help community.
                      It also puts challenging for the win further out of reach cos you can't challenge their ops. so only way you can get on better on the game is by numbers. the more you have in your fam to collect. more subs you have etc. game play doesnt come into it. you have no reason to family bond etc till the last day. Eli hit the nail on the head with one of his earlier posts. there may as well not be the first 9 days cos nothing else counts apart from the last day. who has the most ops. who can collect the most. Its always going to be harder for anyone else to take rounds cos the previous winners have more won turns. and have that advantage. no game play needed.
                      a small family cant do much and never will be able too (lower level players) where before the 5k op hits they used too. (example) nino and I had a small family, bout 8 players all low levels. we knew we couldnt do much but we went up against the biggest fam in the game at that time (UT) myself, nino and one or 2 others had this most active round. loggin in at tohs to hit UT's ops. so much so i even got pulled in a chat with their boss (Tony) asking me to lay of their ops. that was one of the best fun rounds i had. we knew we was doing something. we pulled together and done whatever damage we could to make it less easy on the enemy. game play. only gameplay now is how big your wallet is.

                      I still say dus should be automatically armed to protect peoples ops. their choice is in the hire. you cant hit ops until all dus are gone which would still mean a lot less hits on ops. people would have to be more active to keep hiring( coming together as a family etc to help max etc)
                      If you hire whores/card dealers then you get more a hire but less protection. thats your choice.
                      killing isnt killing no more cos you dont do any damage. so less wars etc no ones gonna touch your ops anyway at 5k a hit. more turns than lower levels get every max. I know we trying to protect players. free players etc from supporters but what if 2 fams of 20 free players go against each other? they all collect. it would be the same results every round cos ranks are all made even as well. why should it be so costly for them to war each other. hit each others ops etc.

                      why not make it something like this

                      level 1 = 50 turns to hit ops
                      level 2 -= 100 turns to hit ops
                      level 3 = 500 turns to hit ops
                      level 4 = 1k turns to hit ops or something to that affect. why does it cost a free player the same to hit ops as a level 4 supporter?

                      im gonna stop here cos i could go on all day :P
                      If you are what you eat..... then why am I a cunt!



                      ▌│█║▌║▌║ ǝ!zuǝʞ ║▌║▌║█│▌

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I agree with rules u gonna make . And just one idea . Why dont u make only one round with 100% bank deposit . I just want to see is that is going work .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree with everything you say here 100%, the only concern I have is there are way too many multi op hitters in a system like this which makes it unbalanced because one family could have a dozen multi op hitters and solely target one player. How would you fix that problem? Perhaps a limit on how many times per day someone's ops could be targeted?


                          Originally posted by Kenzie View Post
                          I still feel collectors are getting help to protect their ops too much its become a lazy role to play in the game. we talk about bringing community together etc yet we doing more and more to tear it apart. the game fundamentals are disappearing. basics are if you want ops you build them. you get a choice what kind of ops. if you hire hustlers you get less a hire but you get dus also. they are there to protect the hustlers. thats the advantage of that hire. if you hire whores etc you dont get any but thats the choice a player has to make. there has to be some advantages and disadvantages of whatever route you choose to take. thats what game play is all about. how you play it.......choose to kill or collect.
                          5k op hits make things too easy on collectors. they dont have to do much. log in once every 16 hours and hire. their dus dont have to protect cos the game rules protect their ops. so their dus are obselete, get suicided or whatever. loggin in once every 16 hours means players dont have to be as active which doesn't help community.
                          It also puts challenging for the win further out of reach cos you can't challenge their ops. so only way you can get on better on the game is by numbers. the more you have in your fam to collect. more subs you have etc. game play doesnt come into it. you have no reason to family bond etc till the last day. Eli hit the nail on the head with one of his earlier posts. there may as well not be the first 9 days cos nothing else counts apart from the last day. who has the most ops. who can collect the most. Its always going to be harder for anyone else to take rounds cos the previous winners have more won turns. and have that advantage. no game play needed.
                          a small family cant do much and never will be able too (lower level players) where before the 5k op hits they used too. (example) nino and I had a small family, bout 8 players all low levels. we knew we couldnt do much but we went up against the biggest fam in the game at that time (UT) myself, nino and one or 2 others had this most active round. loggin in at tohs to hit UT's ops. so much so i even got pulled in a chat with their boss (Tony) asking me to lay of their ops. that was one of the best fun rounds i had. we knew we was doing something. we pulled together and done whatever damage we could to make it less easy on the enemy. game play. only gameplay now is how big your wallet is.

                          I still say dus should be automatically armed to protect peoples ops. their choice is in the hire. you cant hit ops until all dus are gone which would still mean a lot less hits on ops. people would have to be more active to keep hiring( coming together as a family etc to help max etc)
                          If you hire whores/card dealers then you get more a hire but less protection. thats your choice.
                          killing isnt killing no more cos you dont do any damage. so less wars etc no ones gonna touch your ops anyway at 5k a hit. more turns than lower levels get every max. I know we trying to protect players. free players etc from supporters but what if 2 fams of 20 free players go against each other? they all collect. it would be the same results every round cos ranks are all made even as well. why should it be so costly for them to war each other. hit each others ops etc.

                          why not make it something like this

                          level 1 = 50 turns to hit ops
                          level 2 -= 100 turns to hit ops
                          level 3 = 500 turns to hit ops
                          level 4 = 1k turns to hit ops or something to that affect. why does it cost a free player the same to hit ops as a level 4 supporter?

                          im gonna stop here cos i could go on all day :P

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            here we go again, IU whining about the rules because it's too expensive to hit ops and it cuts into their precious whored credits. Here's a thought, buy some fuckin' turns if you want to kill ops. Yes it's expensive, but so is winning the JP. So I'll finish this by using one your famous comments, "shut up and just play the game".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for the responses Mike and Lopov. I appreciate it.

                              Point taken and noted.I do get totally in theory what you are saying its not silly or stupid, it makes sense, In theory. It is really, really hard for me to look at it the way you do, due to the sheer destructiveness of killing operatives and the way its played in this game, as it is done deliberately and without reason. I saw it happen. I experienced it. I was playing on incognito test account and several times in several rounds, just got ops zeroed for no reason. When something is destructive to the game growth like that, that made me feel just not to play, then fast drastic changes are needed and that's what was done.

                              Sorry really that it was done but.....Its not personal against any type of player. I know it gets taken personally though cos the thing you like to do gets taken away and I admit that's also not a good thing to do. But we have no choices sometimes in the short term and I do totally understand the frustrations you and other players experience.

                              Yes its a mafia game, and yes people get killed but the rate of attrition is something that needs to always be considered because this game is for everyone to enjoy not just to make a select few happy. So its a tough balance to try to keep.

                              So, also, it doesn't mean you guys [what you are saying] is wrong, but it does mean that the game has to provide something suitable to give to killers to challenge their skills that you also can enjoy doing. Dabaws says he doesn't like the idea of having NPC targets to attack as a killer, I always find it funny that players will bash something before they even tried it.

                              I dont really want to think of old ways as they simply don't work. Giving killers power to kill ops as you please, kills the game for everyone else but yourselves. Period. Its not an option to go back to so we must move forward. Something new is needed and something new must and will be invented that is liked.

                              I would also like to hear from other unions also about what you think of the proposed rules changes ideas posted please.
                              Game Admin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X