This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that the kill point system needs to go

So most of you know that NaMeLeSs has one of the oldest collection of players in the game, but also some of the laziest players in the game. Countless people have tried to talk shit to us, saying we don't rank high because we don't loot enough, or that our players don't hire enough to really be effective. Of course, this doesn't bother us a bit, as we play to have fun and we continue to play this game after so many years just because we have fun doing so, on our terms, as we see fit

Last round, we had some players in SS decide to open their mouth and talk shit, and make a few random hits and decide that this means they were a better family than they were. Little did they realize we usually have most of the game hitting us, as we are one of the only families in the game that doesn't do NAPs with anyone, and we have an allies list that begins and ends, well, with nothing. So any time a family tries to claim victory over hitting us, its just a joke we laugh at

But this round, we decided to do something different.

We decided that we were going to be active, and that we were going to say fuck the ranks, we just want to build to kill. So that is what we did. I normally just build ops, and then collect at the end, and just run EOR, We almost always rank as a family, and we get a little something in every tier, even though we have much less to play with money wise than the active looting families. I always make sure we get the best bang for our buck.

We gave SS a day to build up, one of their members even used turns to build over a million DUs, and we decided to teach them a lesson by zeroing every. single. one. of them. And that is exactly what we just accomplished

I personally killed 3.1 million SS DU's, using 2 million to do so. We also had tease, sarge, fearless, skeemin, and a few others online, killing, looting, and generally cleaning up. If I knew how to screen shot photos into a post, I would right now. SS has 10k Dus, and that's only because one of their players haven't activated yet. Every single one of them has been chopped to nothing. We currently have no one zerod, except for our looters.

For killing 3.1 million DUs, I have 134k kill points. That's 0.04 points per DU killed. That is absolutely asinine.

Sure, there are killers every round who know how to work the kill point system, and they build them up. I have a healthy respect for the killers in the free killer ranks. But often supporter killers is just who had the biggest builds that people were afraid to touch during the round. Even the supporter killer ranks mean next to nothing.

We need a killer system that means something to actually wiping a family out. I would advocate taking winning turns out of it, completely. Id rather see real killers being able to brag about their killing efforts, than see people working a broken system just to get points and subscribing to this farce just to win some turns. Take the turns out of it, make it about real killing and pride, and then if players adjust accordingly, maybe you can look back into rewarding them with turns for their efforts.

Its too easy for most the entire game to win turns in a game where there aren't even enough unions to fill out the union ranks, or last round being the first time in months that there were more families trying for a family rank than there were the 5 spots that can win turns, to also justify giving turns to people that just know how to work this broken killing system.

If I can kill over 3 million DUs, over two TOH, and only get .04 points per DU killed, then its blatantly broken.

Just take away the turns, put in a real counter, and let player play for pride.

Player WILL play for pride. Just look how ridiculous some of the jackpots have gotten recently

But that's just my old as fuck ass opinion

Thoughts, concerns, and opinions! Trolls can fuck the fuck right off....

The competition model is based on making virtual money. The last time we had the 'old' kp's, we also had :

- Farming of kp's which led to...
    - massive complaints and HUGE community unhappiness

- Loss of game strategy

- same people winning the same prize over and over

- zeroed game from day 1 and the rest of round

- no more building till day 5 then war

now- the longer player waits and allows some build, the more kill points you get
    if you kill early you don't get much kp's

it may not be the greatest system but most of the problems are gone
    Game Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      The competition model is based on making virtual money. The last time we had the 'old' kp's, we also had :

- Farming of kp's which led to...

- Loss of game strategy

- zeroed game from day 1 and the rest of round

- no more building till day 5 then war

now- the longer player waits and allows some build, the more kill points you get
      if you kill early you don't get much kp's

it may not be the greatest system but most of the problems are gone
      most of those are eliminated when you eliminate the prize though? whats to stop us just all leveling as many as we can right now, 2 or three families could do that and you have the same scenario as above, the only reason that isnt happening is the lack of a reward... making a killer reward into strictly bragging rights and switching back to the old kill counters then you will still have the same game flow as now, except people are not getting turns off a flawed system.

Comment

Farming of kp's which led to...

- Loss of game strategy

These points are now becoming an issue again devaluing the achievement and competition rather major supporter unions farming and controlling the ranks.

I understand this is hard to avoid as players exploit this

Comment

I agree with Dom, if at the start of the round you kill 800k Dus you get very little KPs , but if someone doesn't hit anyone all round they would finish above you in " killer ranks " even tho they haven't killed.
          I haven't liked the system since it came out as to me it took away to fun in killing in the game as you get no reward.
          It is what it is I suppose

Comment

Guys we cannot practically change anything here for a while as its a HUGE time consuming job coding wise, and we are working on more important projects to ensure the survival of the game for more years to come.

It doesn't mean that we/i dont hear what is being said here...HOWEVER also we need thhat all players also hear US on the past problems we had with killer rankings, points, family killer ranks, this entire area of killing has solely contributed to many fuckloads of players leaving the game in the past. I have the stats and player types who left and also the reasons they left. So NO i will definitely NOT go back to the old kill system but does not mean we wont consider something new in the future, or revise what we had to try to bring something better or newer.
            Game Admin

Comment

The kill point system is broken and does need to be changed. Currently a player can build a few million du, sit on them and then farm kills for a few hours at EOR and end up with a medal and some won credits. That’s not killing. It’s more like working the welfare system.

True killers will kill because it’s what they like to do. Personally, I like to kill and when I do, I don’t care how many credits I’m going to use or whether or not I’m going to get a prize at eor. I do it because it’s FUN and it’s what makes the game enjoyable for me. I like the challenge of hitting those tards that lay on the bottom thinking they are too low to be hit… WRONG! A good killer can get them regardless of how low they are.

Several years ago I played another game and they used a killer board where it would show the biggest kills/losses. It would show who hit who and how many DU each person lost. This was based per hit rather than overall kills. So for example Player 1 hits Player 2 and kills 400k du on the first hit. Even though player 2 is not the hitter, he would still get credit for killing some du on player 1. So the board may look something like this:

Player 1: -225,000 du vs Player 2: -400,000 du

This indicates that Player 1 killed 400k du on Player 2 and that as a result of the hit, Player 1 also suffered a loss of 225k of his du to Player 2.

I believe this was also done on a rolling 24 hr basis, so the board was always changing and it didn’t just reflect the “biggest” or “most” kills of the game. No prizes were given, just recognition on the board.

I say, take away the KPs, the medals and the ranks and let’s see who the REAL killers are.

Comment

Coding isn't that hard. You have a broken system that everyone complains about now as issues stated below. You can never stop farming now or then. Working on more important things. How about fix the broken system no one likes. Your "other important" shit can wait. Survival of the game I now many people that don't play here and left because this shity system you call kill points. Bring in the old fashion Du for Du kill ranks with no prizes.

Comment

If you guys think the system is broken wait until we change it back - the complaints will be worse, you all got short memory spans.

Thread closed, its just useless trying to discuss something that cannot be changed as yet
                  Game Admin

Comment

Working...
                  X