I am going to let you in on some secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to let you in on some secrets

This started in my head as a full on snark blast, because I see so many people doing stupid things in the game, but I'm going elaborate. Some of these secrets will be dumb knowledge to vets, and some vets are going to be a little mind blown....

1. Looting people just because of their networth is stupid and a waste of turns. For example, I have 2.5 million ops right now. I just had a 12 year player loot me for like 20 million lol.

Multiply ops by two...that is how much their net worth is just ops. 2.5 million ops equals a net worth of 5 billion. So if you loot me when I am 5.5 billion, its the equivalent of looting a person with 500 million on hand. AKA a waste of time!

2. When you are entering big numbers in the game, you can put a k in instead of three zeros. Need to buy 5000 guns? Enter 5k. need to transfer 2 trillion? 2kkk. The game is smart enough, you should be too.

3. Only morons with big egos build before the last hour of the round. The ONLY exception is people building so they can be a big build bank. Even these people are taking a risk, because if they have enough money on hand, then they will still get hit by someone. But any other big build is for attention purposes ONLY. All you are doing is basically bragging, and putting a target on your back. Whether it be for hits, or whether it be to let your opposition know the numbers they have to beat to beat you. How many rounds has TMK taken where his build wasn't even top five for the entire 9 days and 23 hours of the round?

4. Unions RARELY work. Any union that has lasted more than ten rounds in the game is just a single family unit that has more than 30 members. Egos ALWAYS get in the way

5. The myth that hiring with a certain number will get you more collect or more units is completely false. The game is math. There are no secrets to math. The best thing you can do is hire or collect with the same number over and over. Using the same number will average out the mean and get you the most consistent numbers. Ive seen people think collecting with smaller numbers will get you a bigger payout. Also another myth. Believe me. This has been tested by players and staff over the years, many times. Just be consistent.

6. If you are a free player, loot. Free players cannot collect enough to matter. They cant hire enough to not get zerod by someone kill point hunting. Your best bet is looting to prove your worth.

7. DU's mean nothing. As long as there are bots to loot, and people who get rewarded for killing, DU's mean nothing. The good old days where Skidmark would build for five days of the round and then hit someone and actually piss them off are long gone. Zeroing a family or union is completely pointless and almost always has no effect on their round turn out. People who zero each other and brag about it are just on an ego trip. Don't get me wrong, it is still very satisfying to zero someone. But it is an emotional thing. It will have no effect on their end of round production.

8. Subscriptions are your best bet. Because of the continuous turn sales, make sure you are always getting bang for your buck. Don't ever just let your sub go, always cancel it right after buying it, and buy it again right before it runs out. always make sure your sub is in place when you sign up for the new round. It affects how many turns you get as a start up. People who buy the turn packs are either on an ego thing or are trying for an end of round place.

9. If you are in a family or union where you aren't getting turns, you are wasting your time. Five families at a max of 30 players get turns every round, and five unions at a max of 30 places get turns every round. That's a max of 300 players a round getting turns for just being there. Plus 40 individual ranks on money and ten ranks on killing. With an average round size of 400 players, which might be being generous, if you aren't getting won turns every round, you are in the wrong place.

10. The forums are the best place to gain and kill respect for yourself. Most often they are the place to go to make yourself look like an idiot, but if smart, they are the best place to make yourself known and improve your rep in the game. Use them wisely. Even an idiot on the forums can gain some serious notoriety though.

That's ten for now. I might make this a series. Trolls can fuck off. Honest comments will be replied to.

FOR THE WAREHOUSE

Uh this is kind of embarrassing. Maybe you should follow some of these rules ? Most of your family doesn’t even follow these suggestions lmao start theee first bud
    I live in an anemone

Comment

5. collecting with smaller numbers will get a larger collection myth, technically you're right but it will get you closer to the average and u will be more consistent with your collection. This also goes with hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_462 View Post
        5. collecting with smaller numbers will get a larger collection myth, technically you're right but it will get you closer to the average and u will be more consistent with your collection. This also goes with hiring.
        Its all about consistency

Comment

1. length of play has no barring on if the person knows what they are doing.

double-digit badge numbers make up some of the worse players in tmb.

Comment

1. length of play has no barring on if the person knows what they are doing.

double-digit badge numbers make up some of the worse players in tmb.
            Oh definitely agreed haha. I didn't name names just to not be labeled as trying to talk shit

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Domenico View Post
              Its all about consistency
              right but if you collect with all your turns lets use 20k for example you might be on the high end or the low with just one collect of 20k but if you collect 20 times with 1k turns you are going to be more in the middle.

Comment

right but if you collect with all your turns lets use 20k for example you might be on the high end or the low with just one collect of 20k but if you collect 20 times with 1k turns you are going to be more in the middle.
                That's definitely true, but that's the law of averages. If you have one set amount of turns, you can use those turns in one shot, and either get the high end, and luck out, or the low end, with shitty luck. Or you can collect with smaller numbers, and it will average out better. You definitely have a valid point

I was just trying to point out there is no one magic number that will always get you the high side

Comment

it was a big thing back in the day with hiring with 26 and you would get the most dus, that way. I believe splooge wrote a blog about it and explained it pretty well. people still swear by the 26 number

Comment

i liked this post was getting sick of reading mr.worker troubles with the opposite sex.

Comment

i liked this post was getting sick of reading mr.worker troubles with the opposite sex.
                      Storm has a soft spot for worker. He gets banned sometimes when other staff get sick of his shit, which bong never overrules, but worker will always be around haha

Comment

Hey Dom. Good post just need to edit the 2kkk part. I’m not good with math like most of you folks. But 2kkk is only 2bill? Not trill. Fairly sure but always post hesitantly as I said I’m
                        Not good with math and even reading. Fuck it. I’m an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Teds View Post
                          Hey Dom. Good post just need to edit the 2kkk part. I’m not good with math like most of you folks. But 2kkk is only 2bill? Not trill. Fairly sure but always post hesitantly as I said I’m
                          Not good with math and even reading. Fuck it. I’m an idiot
                          I dont care if you are right, i still love you

Hahaha

Comment

not secrets but good guide for some players.but idiots are always idiots so no one really will use what you mentioned above lol

Comment

Damn Dom

We don't deserve you

Good post

Comment

Working...
                              X