No announcement yet.

Reminiscent of cities glory. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And while I'm here..I'm sure banks had something to do with the way things were...they just took the work out of ranks...it becomes who you know not what u do..i remember toiling away round after round dutifully sending up my 20 25 billion for a seat in a ranking family that might get 7th or 8th and be happy with my little 3k turns. .Some people didn't do shit but were butt buddies with certain people and got tiered..In 5 years or so where I was a free player I was one of the more productive free players in my families. .i routinely got what was required for a seat sometimes when looting even more. .i did border patrol in New York and Detroit every single round..killed 524s I think the number was. And killed whoever we warred with. .i maybe got ranked 5 or 6 times...and I've been a member of some major unions so it wasn't like I was with some back water ass family with no pull. .looking back on it I see the error in transfers and banks and how they can turn people off. .staff have done a good job of bringing them back but creating parity must give them credit for that. .but I feel like I put in work deserving of more and because back then i didn't know the right people I didn't get recognized as I shouldve...and in no way am I rank whore. .but everyone wants to be rewarded properly for the work they put in. So yeah just my two cents...of course this is all In hindsight. At the time I didn't care or notice..but now that I've tiered won medals took rounds and been a part of the power circle I can see things more clearly

Comment

Yeah the sheer over-population made the game gay where loyalty wasn't looked at, if you had a set of tits or pretended to, or you kissed enough third world eurofag ass you could rank far easier than if you actually worked hard.

Comment

yea you guys clearly never ran a bank 24/7....some people made long hours that way

and if we had to choose between someone working their ass off all round or someone sending in a small collect....the one making the hours gets to rank
        It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Nope never ran a bank..I'm sure it was hard work. .but that has nothing to do with my point. ..maybe your bank rewarded people. .but I remember lots of times seeing butt buddies of some of the big names getting ranked just cuz they knew people. .not because they worked hard

Comment

I am terrible with remembering cities that unions were in so I wont try it and instead list off the names I remember.

Avalon which was originally founded in Tampa way back in the first 0-15 rounds

Infernal Families which had 13 full families before the dawn of Cyp then shrinking until a merger with ICS

System which had over 30 families and died as fast as it was formed which was about 5 rounds

Revolution:stubborn ass free players which I called home for about 20 rounds when Infernal merged

If im not mistaken there was a indie fam called Animal_House? Which when Infernal was a single family called Demons fought near every round against.

How about the old looters Looters_Inc with their old mortal kombat icons.That is about all I can come up with that hasnt been mentioned.

Comment

Remember a few of those. ..good input. .

Comment

i used to like liverpool families a lot but unfortunately most foiled for iu/ranks (and i can iu as many times i want esp. since they are responsible for the many families leaving)....pandora_box, parabellum, etc

hubert and co are the only ones remaining deserving that respect
                It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

London- only one that sticks out here is the blood union of old. .nowadays locos hang on..sure I'm missing a few outta here but I really don't remember any powerhouses from here

HAHA so you don't Remember UMC then 20 full families run by Krax and Chainsaw

Comment

i really enjoyed your Tehran review

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                      London- only one that sticks out here is the blood union of old. .nowadays locos hang on..sure I'm missing a few outta here but I really don't remember any powerhouses from here

HAHA so you don't Remember UMC then 20 full families run by Krax and Chainsaw

No I don't lol..but I didn't pay attention to every single union ever...thanks for pointing that out...i do remember chainsaw from ronin...didn't know he was with someone else...

Comment

Iu isnt responsible..the rules were..iu at it's largest was 100 people and that's within the last couple years. .When everyone left they were a fraction of that. .you're telling me they drove off thousands of players?? You hate iu so much it distorts your logic..you shouldn't hate your enemies it clouds your judgement..you should watch godfather 3..

Comment

well one family killing everything in sight can be pretty devastating already

if you have a 100 doing that round after round...

AND they got massive amounts of credits for it back to make it even worse the next round

for 3 years..........combined with a total lack of respect for the game or any other player out there

if you want to say that hasn't been doing damage to the game you are very....VERY naive

Comment

wars as you like to remember in threads like these used to be fought while speaking kindly to the enemy

you had the occasional nutcase but 14 and iu brought it to a whole other level and luckily the first ones got banned in time because people even took things into personal lives of people outside of this game but unfortunately iu was allowed to damage AND took that space to do damage (which they didn't have to) and wrecked everything

Comment

Originally posted by Drob View Post
                              But from the outside looking in back in those days I would've payed to be in inner_circle. ..cookie to whoever tells me the don. .i forget his name. .they had the cool icons and always looked strong..cool name.

Tokyo- such a meh town lol..always has been. ..Top fam outta were for fucks sake I don't remember. .lol I know there names but can't recall now. .Daniele was here and they always worked with omerta..
                              Tormented was don of inner circle, an tough fam. to fight against and great team to work with

I never sit in Tokyo. Yea sometimes i helped Jonzo or Mike with stuff but my home was and still is Palermo. Me sitting around in other towns was to hit or loot. Loved how game was back in time and yes UML in Tokyo worked with us.
                              I had an period in Detroit too in 69 families prior i joined Omerta.. but that was like centuries ago in time...

Said all this the post is excellent Drob, made me read twice.
                              Last edited by daniele; 10-17-2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Cat View Post
                                well one family killing everything in sight can be pretty devastating already

if you have a 100 doing that round after round...

AND they got massive amounts of credits for it back to make it even worse the next round

for 3 years..........combined with a total lack of respect for the game or any other player out there

if you want to say that hasn't been doing damage to the game you are very....VERY naive

Of course it damages the game to an extent but I don't necessarily blame them for it...sounds weird I know. You kill people on here. .it's a facet of the game. .In all technical terms they don't supposed to talk nice be nice or allow anyone else to build...and aside from that u always conveniently leave out the fact that before they become dominant they were the ones not allowed to build...I've talked to eck who knows how many times about it..He had to build low and got chased city from city for rounds on end. .so I feel no pity or sympathy for anyone when they got strong enough they turned the tables..
                                As an aside at any point most families could come to iu about a nap..only a couple they won't ever negotiate with. .not for me to say it mightve changed but people who couldn't handle being zeroed round after round shouldve done something about it..rather it's sue for peace or something else..

Comment

Working...
                                X