Chat Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Client

Can ya'll build a chat client into the game? Not to praise other games and I certainly won't drop names, but it seems to be a rather common feature around. Not to mention we are at the end of 2017... Yet we have to skype and shit on the side. Shit, even throw up a mIRC server that is just for TMB. Just food for thought.

This was around for awhile not too long ago and I believe it was seldom used by anyone

mostly everyone uses Skype and has gotten used to it just like we did MSN messenger before Skype was around

Comment

All bullshit aside, we could get an IRC server up and running real fast if people want and would actually use it

Hell, discord might even be better for an online game community

Comment

I'm not too keen on discord, I'll have to look into it Clutch. I think it could add another layer to the game. I can't really speak on it being around before DirtyNick cause I assume it was before my time. Any reason people didn't use it?

Comment

Originally posted by mcreason View Post
          I'm not too keen on discord, I'll have to look into it Clutch. I think it could add another layer to the game. I can't really speak on it being around before DirtyNick cause I assume it was before my time. Any reason people didn't use it?
          It was kind of a free for all, used mainly by trolls and spammers. It was a little glitchy too at times, and didn't really work well on mobile.

An external chat system that's not Skype would be great though. Discord is free at least. IRC server would only be a few bucks per month -- both very doable.

Not worth it unless many people will be active on it though -- and there would have to be some moderators to keep it OP.

Comment

Chat Clit? hell yea i like that

Comment

I remember nycu being on Yahoo messenger lol

Comment

Hi Guys thanks for the post.

What would you use it for? how do you see it functioning?
                Game Admin

Comment

i think mrworker hijacked that chat for personal uses.....
                  It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Storm, I see better family/union coordination and communication as the main sell point. Instantaneous built within the game rather than rely on skype

Comment

Originally posted by mcreason View Post
                      Storm, I see better family/union coordination and communication as the main sell point. Instantaneous built within the game rather than rely on skype
                      Thanks for the feedback.
                      Game Admin

Comment

to stop the spam and other crap killing the chat client, 2-3 monitors could keep it within guidelines, so it can be utilised properly, and not used as someone said, as a propaganda outlet for the few.

just an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          to stop the spam and other crap killing the chat client, 2-3 monitors could keep it within guidelines, so it can be utilised properly, and not used as someone said, as a propaganda outlet for the few.

just an opinion
                          I think we definitely need some moderators if we bring the chat back.

Comment

Working...
                          X