No announcement yet.

Family Killing Pontifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that the killing game belongs in the TMB just because the nature of the game. It isnt a crop building farmer game. When there is an aspect of the game that evolves around an entirely different activity but still would affect the outcome of the networth of the family after the game results are in more families would be careful about how they conducted their strategy.

Look at the present round. Just bloodbath without consideration of the the result. Everyone zeroed and with no strategy. The opportunity for a smart family to both out collect and outkill and set themselves up to build a higher net worth for many rounds forward is great.

I do think the math in the game when the killers were able to reap the killing individual rewards and also the family rewards was tilted towards the killing and did have an effect in the long term where a killing family would become much stronger then a strictly killing family. Having to bank family kills from the individual kills would change that.

Comment

There are too many rules now, Just bring it back to basics is my opinion. They keep on bringing in new ideas to keep people playing but I'm sure the majority would rather a simpler game.

Comment

family killer ranks were the worst idea this game ever had....

it gave IU a right to exist....good for them

but it made virtually everyone else leave....

hence why only IU members advocate for this silly aspect
        It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

well it didnt take long to get back on to the i hate iu shite maybe the fact that won turns expired there was a cap in turns oh and pops decided committing fraud was a good idea and going to jail had nothing to do with it considering he was all your families cash cow at the time iu didnt even spend major amounts of cash all we did was kill yet we are the cause of it all 20 players who could kill and would not bow to players who were shite

nope none of that mattered it was only killer ranks and iu being better killers than everyone in the game

actually its families like yours who quit cause it gets hard that has reduced the game the way it has along with rl and people grown up maybe you should too instead of blaming everyone else

Comment

The scottish inbred has a point here V. You see IU still around, can't say the same for ICS or your omertà friends. Instead of sticking around to fight an illiterate like eck they upped and ran. Cowards

Comment

And some joined the other side. Most recent of them being gale.

Comment

gale maybe got sick of V sitting around and crying on the forums too much and not looting or doing anything useful .

Comment

Originally posted by Eck View Post
                  well it didnt take long to get back on to the i hate iu shite maybe the fact that won turns expired there was a cap in turns oh and pops decided committing fraud was a good idea and going to jail had nothing to do with it considering he was all your families cash cow at the time iu didnt even spend major amounts of cash all we did was kill yet we are the cause of it all 20 players who could kill and would not bow to players who were shite

nope none of that mattered it was only killer ranks and iu being better killers than everyone in the game

actually its families like yours who quit cause it gets hard that has reduced the game the way it has along with rl and people grown up maybe you should too instead of blaming everyone else
                  one spender less doesn't kill a game....IU zeroing the entire game did
                  It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

....and still does

Comment

Originally posted by harryverderchki View Post
                      gale maybe got sick of V sitting around and crying on the forums too much and not looting or doing anything useful .
                      a game should be fun....not some job besides an actual job

Comment

i remember when IU was building up a dynasty or basically had it at the time. Pope, amon, a few other killers and some of the best trained looters went after IU. I remember Splooge and UC going after IU as well for killing. Was the best of times really. Simple raw active fast strategic would be the words to describe it . I don't ever remember ICS doing anything but crying. Even the Untouchables for a bit was playing against IU for a bit.

The myth of the game rules mattering at all is pure fiction. Everyone has the same opportunity to build up turns in the same manner and IU never had a magic kill stick. One turn is just as good as another.

But V I do have to thank for getting me on to buckethead. I been spending the last few years playing guitar and in harry's guitar thread I knew of buckethead but didnt have any idea how much better a guitar player you can get by playing his songs. So I do have to thank you for that V.

Whether it is ICS or any other family that has been on for ages it still isnt good for the game to see one go up in smoke. V at least did his job trying to recruit players as well. He probably did it better then most with new players. The problem I seen as I did pop into a family now and again was that once in the family there was no training for new players and they did not engage players they didnt know .

I can't get into the bot loot thingy personally but to get back onto this topic. Imho I think most players who fall into the killing for fun category would like to see killing without bot points come back. Pretty much anything a family can do together to get a reward should be encouraged. The notion that it will be a dead game is ridiculous. THE LEVEL OF DOMINATION IS NOT A RULE BASED THEORY>> IT IS BASED ON HOW MANY TURNS YOU HAVE. So no matter what the rule, domination is going to be based on the number of turns the family / union has. We beat IU sometimes in killing and collecting with Cheese and it was done with far less resources and was a massive struggle. It was also the most fun. I also think that if Drob before he blew up his own family Chaos would have gone with Untouchables that this would have been the dominate family or union for a while. Chaos was kicking butt for a while and flipping back and forth between UT and UI.

Killing always seemed to me to promote instability in game relationships, and that instability promotes game alliance changes.

Comment

the reason ICS 'cried' for a moment was because our so called leadership sucked and sarge who was don then spent more hours in IU than ICS while IU was zeroing ICS for no other reason than being a part of omerta's 13 bank/families...

before we hijacked leadership and reformed ICS the leaders then were not just lazy but didn't care about ICS but about their own 'carreer' in the game (completing silly medalsets or try access cheap JPs)

we stayed loyal to all our allies during this the best we could but if we wanted to stay we had to look after ourselves first

for years that went well with families like revolution, demons and such working together to keep ICS relevant

but we grew tired, occupied and since we're mainly freeplayers we simply can't compete anymore....for now

Comment

I don't know much about ICS. I was more of a looter when there was killing and I don't even think there was free killing. You could rank as a single player with no transfers easier then you can now. I do think that the game was more active. But if you were a free collector I think pretty much you were just a social game player and the relevance of you getting killed or not killed was insignificant.

Maybe the rules should get modded to the people left in the game. The rewards now are pretty much anyone can get turns.

Comment

So ICS has a long history of betrayal. Yes V we are all aware of this. Gale stabbing you in the back is only the latest installement of this. I'm surprised you stuck around in ICS for as long as you did but then again you did fuck all apart from cry.

Comment

yeah I would never have joined a cry baby. I never joined them for even a round.

Comment

Working...
                                X