Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unions and Single families

Hi Everyone

We have now had more than 2 rounds with small families. We didn't remove unions from the code, and since we made the changes we want to get your feedback on which you prefer, and why please?

I have also made a poll for you to vote for your preferred: Single families rankings only, or Unions and family ranks [Top 5 unions and top 5 families get the prize]

Thanks
    - The Mafia Boss
    I preferred Unions and Family prizes
    39.73%
    I Prefer just single families
    57.53%
    I don't know.
    2.74%

The poll is expired.

Game Admin

Why not keep the code and alternate from time to time?

Comment

We can do that, the code is there, we did retain it. But I would like to hear what you guys think. I am installing a new round tomorrow, and I will check your feedback.
      Game Admin

Comment

My preference is for single families, they create more competition.

The union and family ranks allowed groups who don't do anything get cheap turns ie the 4th and 5th unions most rounds (although i suppose Clutch getting 29 others to buy into his master plan is sort of an achievement) and the lower ranked families.

I think encouraging participation in the round/game is important so although the family only ranks has meant my particular group losing out on easy family medals it has meant that the competition for ranks overall has increased. If there were another 100-200 active players then maybe I could understand the need or want for unions.

Comment

There aren't enough players to support "formal" unions. The game needs a shot in the arm, not a collective lebotomy.

This shouldn't even be close. While not surprised, I'm saddened/disgusted that it is.

Comment

I like when we can have the social aspects of the game thrive sometimes and have our buds in with and shit talk each other on the union board. So if you had it flip to unions every once in a while it would be good to mix it up for some variety.

Comment

There are good and bad with both unions and families.

On the good side, union play is nice because it allows different families to come together and play as a team rather than by themselves. This is helpful in times of war or if a group of people have a particular goal in mind and need extra forces. It can be for one round, 5 rounds or indefinite. Just whatever fits their needs at that time. It also gives the smaller, less established families a sense of “belonging” and an opportunity to win prizes which would be almost impossible on their own.

In addition, the larger families that belong to the unions usually have established leaders who are more active in the game, unlike most smaller families whose boss and family members may be MIA much of the time. This I believe, causes many new players (who want to learn the game) to end up leaving as they have no direction or drive to keep playing. With a union however, there is activity on the union board which can help keep people interested.

On the bad side, unions sometimes get too big and can have a domineering effect on game play. Half killing those not with them, and the other half collecting for EOR ranking. This stifles game play and people on the receiving end sign in less often. In addition, it also creates a lot of lazy people who sit all round doing nothing, while others work their butts making the union cash and keeping it safe. This does cause hard feelings, but I guess that is to be expected.

As for families, the good is that if a boss wants to build a strong family, he is going to have to do some work to get the family strong. He is going to have to find active players, develop a plan and be willing to spend some time playing the game. Individual family is all about teamwork. In order to be good, you need people to be active and willing to put forth effort. It’s not going to work if you have only ¼ of your family doing something while the rest do nothing. So it does cause a boss to pick his family members more wisely if he wants his family to do well.

There is also more competition with single families. It is much easier to go to war with a family as opposed to a union. Although currently, most families are somewhat friendly with each other and not really interested in warring with anyone.

On the negative side… the biggest problem I have with indy families is that everyone in the family will receive a family prize regardless of what they have done during the round. A player could login on day 1 and then never login again and still earn a prize at EOR. Yes, a boss can boot people, but that also causes hard feelings and just because someone was less active this round doesn’t always mean he should to be kicked out of the family. Like with union prizes, I believe a boss should have control over who ranks in the family and who doesn’t.

So that kind of summarizes how I feel about both union and individual play. Overall, I prefer union play, but feel the game currently does not have enough people to support this type of play. If unions were limited to 2 or 3 families, then it may work… but I also think family size should be reduced to 15 players which will also create more competition.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with almost every point made above.

Comment

Disagree all you want. You're not the one asking for input.

Comment

All I have to say is Fuck Your Unions Union 4 life

Comment

"Union Ranks" reward players for doing nothing more than being active enough to join a family. Is there a cap to how many families can be in a union? Theoretically, every family could join the same union and post on our huge Union board how awesome it is to finally have the playing field leveled. Once you've made your obligatory union board post you win the game.....along with everyone else, but we don't care because the jackpot has been changed to high fiber, low calorie pita chips and hummus. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. No substitutions, cash redemption, or transfer of any prizes. Not even one chip.

Comment

Don't be sensitive, Drudge. I've been pretty transparent regarding my feelings toward unions in TMB. I didn't care for your post and the overall sheep mentality that will lead your followers to agree and respectfully said so.

Love,
                        Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Drudge1 View Post

On the negative side… the biggest problem I have with indy families is that everyone in the family will receive a family prize regardless of what they have done during the round. A player could login on day 1 and then never login again and still earn a prize at EOR. Yes, a boss can boot people, but that also causes hard feelings and just because someone was less active this round doesn’t always mean he should to be kicked out of the family. Like with union prizes, I believe a boss should have control over who ranks in the family and who doesn’t.
                          You argue that booting someone could cause hard feelings, How much less is the likelihood of being in a union and not getting the prize going to cause a bit of butt hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                            Don't be sensitive, Drudge. I've been pretty transparent regarding my feelings toward unions in TMB. I didn't care for your post and the overall sheep mentality that will lead your followers to agree and respectfully said so.

Love,
                            Matty
                            Welcome Back Matty, Just like Welcome back Kotter I hear Welcome back Matty Playin in my head now

Comment

No unions families make game funner. Bring back killer family medals

Comment

Working...
                              X