The crux of what is ailing the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crux of what is ailing the game

Ive had this rant pent up inside of me for about a round now, and its time. Just to set the stage, a bit of my credentials and history.

Ive been playing this game since round 23, and ive been playing this game continuously in that time. I didnt quit because of a certain set of rules, i didnt step away for a few months and need to be re taught things. Ive been here, seen the evolution, adapted along the way, and given every new rule the game has proposed a fair shot. Raised a ten plus extension family in Clericuzio, helped raise a union family in NYC with Luke, been a part of the indie efforts in the game in both nameless and in the FYUU redux that happened a few months ago. Im not a whiny veteran who rues for the day of the rules four years ago, that convieniently forgets the stranglehold pissheads or omerta or devils gate had on the game in the old days

That being said

Im finally at the end of my rope with the game. Ive gotten into "teeth and nail" fights with old school vets of the game defending the changes and asking them to give it a chance rather than just logging in, declaring it a waste of time, and logging out without giving it a chance.

And i must say

The imbalance in the game right now is killing the game, and can be directly traced to the low new player retention and the fed up attitude of older vets.

The game has historically had four aspects you can play as. Collector, killer, banker and looter.

Banker has been eliminated from the game with the elimination of transfers. I know this is experimented with now, but im going to go on the last 100 rounds of the game for sake of argument

Looter has all been eliminated from the game, with the maxing rules of the game. Heck, the current admin of the game made his chops as a looter, and one of the best looters the game has ever seen, so that in of itself is saddening.

Collecting is a joke. Collecting has been the most passive way to play the game, throughtout the history of it. It allows a player to log in once or twice a day, build ops, and then at the end of the round go for broke to help family. It is the easiest way, and most convention way to stay connected in the game. It requires team work, family communication, and helps develop camaderie in the game. But these days, a killer who is bored can kill the efforts of a collector, an eight day effort of a collector, in a few hours. Its bullshit. If you go back to the prime of the game, when thousands of people were playing and you had thirty family extensions, it was when people were collecting and sending up. Those people might have been hoodwinked by the people they were sending to, hence the rule changes, but at least they were active and had some hope to the game

These days, collecting families live in fear of being hit. The boss and consig of a collecting family spend their entire round trying to prevent their family from being hit. And then most of the time, their family gets hit, gets ops taken out, and most of their family members get pissed off, lose interest in the game, and bounce. This is not helped by the fact that killers have no repurcussion from such hits.

So killers, the last great playing avenue of the game. They can play free for ranks, play supporters for rank, play for family ranks. One killer can fuck up the round of an entire collecting family in a few hours, and what can that collecting family, up to twenty players, do in return? Nothing. They might be able to steal a few battle trophies, but they wont ruin a killers rank. One entire family of collectors cant ruin a single killers round

And thats where the game has fucked up.

You cant tweak the rules like they are trying when there is such a fundamental problem

Until collectors can fuck up a killers round like how killer can fuck up their round, the game will continue to dwindle

Is there any coincidence that the best killer union to ever grace the game has ruled it for so long? They are very good at what they do, they kill any family that is a threat and not on their ally list, and they rack up credits and have a few people build up every round to claim the top spots in both killing and collecting. They have mastered it, and i dont blame them for it.

And just because i anticipate this being an argument, here are my suggestions to START maybe bringing the balance back...

Op hits should be at least 100 turns, EVERY round

And

Ops should not be subject to the percent max rule. Bring back the old rules of so many hits per hour. Say two hits per hour on ops until they are maxed

I would love feedback on this from players

Always been a loyal TMB player...

Dom

For all those rounds the killers have been winning, i dont think 100 turn per ops hit would make any difference.
    I like the old rule of so many hits per hour on ops, think that would be a good thing to investigate.

And to add: I have been more of a collector in this game, had my share of war to, its just not my game. So I can't blame the killers for playing the game as they see fit to win. I just think the game has been, like Dom said, in much favour of the killers then for the other 'ways of playing'.

Comment

fear of transfers and banks made people try stupid stuff like family killer ranks

worst idea ever

Comment

good thread btw...

Comment

i must disagree with u domenico..looters are still there and doing hell of a job, as for the killers u are also wrong , i would like to see u or anyone else try for free killer rank against those ppl from hooligans, as they seem to be doing a great job there..i dare u to try loot those bts who u calling easy to get..the only one who are not happy is the ones who were related to old banking system. why? becuse all they know is hire ops and log off...

Comment

lopovo and dom you both have valid points but now the question is how do we fix this what can the admin.. do to solve these problems without compermissing both sides that's the trick there guys I really dnt see how without someone suffering do you agree or disagree ive been here for 7yrs with so many names I cant remember and throughout time I to have adapted to new rules but if you notice what ive noticed is that no matter what one side will always suffer not to much but still so again my question to you lopov an dom how do we fix this???????

Comment

shut yo ass up couse im going to find u and kick yo motha fuckin ass

Comment

and just wait be ready couse we are coming after u

Comment

I guess this is the reaction of ppl who smoke crystal meth an then go on a binge an take it out on this game sexy pig

Comment

I agree with my long time pal Dom 90% Looters still kickass, but the killers not being able to be screwed like us collectors makes it to where us collectors have no place in the game anymore. with all the stacked credits, and taking up 80% of the boards there is no chance. The only reason IC was started was to help WC and each other bring back old friends and fun as you did with FYUU... I myself started to realize. Killing for me isn't fun personally.. I kill to zero people. what do I get out of that besides self gratitude? Either way, Admins have been trying. Its a new era Dom and yes weve seen it all. at this stage it would need a major reset or another revamp which is still a very uncertain thing. Yes I just login to check my inbox, Hire and collect. I am not in any way blaming IU, they are just that coordinated. As a part of InnerCircle I just wanted to be a top 5 family with WestCoast, shit.... I didn't know we'd build that great as a team, it just happened. Ive been playing since round 19 has the fun gone? YES! I just log in to chat at this point and ill build just to collect for IC/WC and I just don't see it changing any time soon =)

-flaco
                    Co-Founder of OriginalOutlaws, Vegas_Legends
                    Graphic Artist for InnerCircle

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Domenico View Post
                      Ive had this rant pent up inside of me for about a round now, and its time. Just to set the stage, a bit of my credentials and history.

Ive been playing this game since round 23, and ive been playing this game continuously in that time. I didnt quit because of a certain set of rules, i didnt step away for a few months and need to be re taught things. Ive been here, seen the evolution, adapted along the way, and given every new rule the game has proposed a fair shot. Raised a ten plus extension family in Clericuzio, helped raise a union family in NYC with Luke, been a part of the indie efforts in the game in both nameless and in the FYUU redux that happened a few months ago. Im not a whiny veteran who rues for the day of the rules four years ago, that convieniently forgets the stranglehold pissheads or omerta or devils gate had on the game in the old days

That being said

Im finally at the end of my rope with the game. Ive gotten into "teeth and nail" fights with old school vets of the game defending the changes and asking them to give it a chance rather than just logging in, declaring it a waste of time, and logging out without giving it a chance.

And i must say

The imbalance in the game right now is killing the game, and can be directly traced to the low new player retention and the fed up attitude of older vets.

The game has historically had four aspects you can play as. Collector, killer, banker and looter.

Banker has been eliminated from the game with the elimination of transfers. I know this is experimented with now, but im going to go on the last 100 rounds of the game for sake of argument

Looter has all been eliminated from the game, with the maxing rules of the game. Heck, the current admin of the game made his chops as a looter, and one of the best looters the game has ever seen, so that in of itself is saddening.

Collecting is a joke. Collecting has been the most passive way to play the game, throughtout the history of it. It allows a player to log in once or twice a day, build ops, and then at the end of the round go for broke to help family. It is the easiest way, and most convention way to stay connected in the game. It requires team work, family communication, and helps develop camaderie in the game. But these days, a killer who is bored can kill the efforts of a collector, an eight day effort of a collector, in a few hours. Its bullshit. If you go back to the prime of the game, when thousands of people were playing and you had thirty family extensions, it was when people were collecting and sending up. Those people might have been hoodwinked by the people they were sending to, hence the rule changes, but at least they were active and had some hope to the game

These days, collecting families live in fear of being hit. The boss and consig of a collecting family spend their entire round trying to prevent their family from being hit. And then most of the time, their family gets hit, gets ops taken out, and most of their family members get pissed off, lose interest in the game, and bounce. This is not helped by the fact that killers have no repurcussion from such hits.

So killers, the last great playing avenue of the game. They can play free for ranks, play supporters for rank, play for family ranks. One killer can fuck up the round of an entire collecting family in a few hours, and what can that collecting family, up to twenty players, do in return? Nothing. They might be able to steal a few battle trophies, but they wont ruin a killers rank. One entire family of collectors cant ruin a single killers round

And thats where the game has fucked up.

You cant tweak the rules like they are trying when there is such a fundamental problem

Until collectors can fuck up a killers round like how killer can fuck up their round, the game will continue to dwindle

Is there any coincidence that the best killer union to ever grace the game has ruled it for so long? They are very good at what they do, they kill any family that is a threat and not on their ally list, and they rack up credits and have a few people build up every round to claim the top spots in both killing and collecting. They have mastered it, and i dont blame them for it.

And just because i anticipate this being an argument, here are my suggestions to START maybe bringing the balance back...

Op hits should be at least 100 turns, EVERY round

And

Ops should not be subject to the percent max rule. Bring back the old rules of so many hits per hour. Say two hits per hour on ops until they are maxed

I would love feedback on this from players

Always been a loyal TMB player...

Dom
                      Now here is someone who has actually thought about what they are saying , New player retention is hard i agree , as no one is willing to take the time to train them as they can't be ''used'' like before

Maybe his idea on not letting a player who has not attacked anyones ops being decimated by a killer who is bored is not such a bad idea

But then as soon as the said collector attacks anyone , be it to max or whatever then they should be subject to attacks like anyone else

Like Lopov said though , Looting is not dead , they are alive if they can be bothered , Now though they have to be online a lot more to protect that loot instead of sending up to a Banker , So only the most active like Rocksolosa or Jimmyhitman , Harry etc get medals round after round

The same goes for Free killers , they put in a lot of time and effort to get those medals and deserve a bit more credit

Maybe add to the rules if a killer kills the ops of a collector the collector is able to kill the said killer and take every one of his battle trophies he has amassed over the round , Although i see a lot of problems with farming Bts with that solution

And no V fuckoff no one wants to listen to you turn this into a bring back banks thread again

Comment

Storm was a shit looter he just sucked pops and his buddies off so he could hold their bank sometimes and take cash off retards

Comment

@friday, i like that idea saying you can't hit ops if the collector hasn't attack anyone before.

as for looting true it isn't dead, dead, but it is definitely different with not being able to lower networth with drugs anymore and the lack of new players and the few new players that come in are in that lame protection program.

side not has anyone ever got anything out of the protection program? honest question

killing for me doesn't really work in the main rounds especially at the free level, it is better in the turbo though. It does take time and effort though i will agree with that, but it is a bad killing system.

Comment

Originally posted by siilentbob View Post
                            Storm was a shit looter he just sucked pops and his buddies off so he could hold their bank sometimes and take cash off retards
                            Yah, you were one of them.
                            Game Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                              And no V fuckoff no one wants to listen to you turn this into a bring back banks thread again
                              who is this V?

and at least with banks there was a balance between collectors, looters and killers (and yes i mention them last because when catered too much they destroy the game for the majority)

and go deepthroat a cactus friday/coca

fcuking idiot

Comment

Working...
                              X