How do you define loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you define loyalty?

I saw that thread about how do you define a rank whore, and i feel like its flawed. Not only is it mostly people talking shit on each other, but its also to the point in the game where you have to try to not rank.

Most families join unions these days, and there have been a few rounds recently where the top three families, they know they get a medal no matter what, its just about working out which one they get. The family ranks are literally about who can throw together ten people in a family to qualify, and then bank a trillion or so to get something.

The union ranks are more competitive, but just competitive because they can only rank 30 of their players. Its not like there are eight unions competing for five spots, there are just five unions of different sizes, and some unions can rank most of their people, and some unions can only rank half.

So i feel like, asking what makes a person a rank whore, is a dead conversation. If you are an active player who contributes to your family, and you dont win turns at the end of the round, then you fucked up on who you chose to be with. Because most people in the game are winning turns, here and there, these days

So long winded (domvel bla bla bla), back to my original point...what makes a person loyal?

My personal definition? Since im asking so i should at least throw mine out there...

What makes a person loyal is when they stick with their current family no matter what. People jump ship when they dont like decisions made at the top, or when they think they have a better chance with another group of players. the first i understand more, the second i dont.

I also think a BIG part of loyalty, is when you put in work, and you are ok with someone else getting the reward. Remember when Gallio had that thread about him being a rank whore? People argued that he always ranks himself, and the defense arguement of him was that he puts in the most work. Which im not hating on, but i think thats a big thing about loyalty.

Loyalty is about putting the team first. If you sepnd hours on the game a day, organizing, banking, and running a union, and at the end of the round you feel like you put the work in, and you deserve a rank out of it, thats legit. Its not my line of thinking, but i can totally understand it. Effort in=Ranks out.

For me though, loyalty is putting the effort in, and being happy when you see other people who put effort in, other people who have been loyal to you, or other people who you know are due, and they get a medal or some turns out of it.

Thats the crux of team effort. When you are happy to see the people around you get rewards, and you feel like you can share in that happiness for them.

I'm basically making the argument that loyalty is selflessness. and i realize that. Thats why i made this a forum post

What is your idea of loyalty? So many people are ready to tear down others for not being loyal or not being a team player...so describe what you see as the ideal in this sense

Looking forward to answers. And fuck you dont troll my post lol

Dom

good thread, spot on. this is my idea of loyalty

Comment

Fully agree Dom, great post. Family ALWAYS ranks first, i could careless if i didn't rank. The one time i have since the recreation was when the guys stitched me up last few seconds! could no do it without them.

Comment

For anyone looking for the short version of Dom's post I'll sum up his version of loyalty: It's being happy to see others who work hard rewarded by your effort.
        Actually I can make it even shorter: it's working for the team.
        Wait a minute I can make it even shorter: Loyalty = Teamwork
        skype = tmbtiki

Comment

loyalty good question. Disagreeing but still being there for the family that is what i consider loyalty. Families/unions make decisions and choices every round on who to rank,tier,turbo members, going union or not,who to attack,members you let into family etc... and not everyone agrees on everything.

example: i run a pretty successful family and we rank high every round and every one wins turns. One round i went union with not much consulting from my family and i know not all liked this or agreed with this but my loyal members went along and never wavered and played just like they would a normal family round knowing not all would rank cause we were in a large union. Loyalty like this doesn't happen in a round or two or because of a family name you build this over time measured in months and years.

Comment

Loyalty is doing the best you can for your friends without any greed or expectation of getting ranked. Because if you do something for getting something in return that creates not a sense of brotherhood but it affects your mood when you are not ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Domenico View Post
              Looking forward to answers. And fuck you dont troll my post
              i can troll whatever i want esp. since this post was about loyalty and you have an easy job only giving a damn about your own ('indy family')

making the first half of your post about ranks made me laugh; sort of drawing a line there? (yea i find loyalty important as long as i can rank )

loyalty has shit to do with ranks...in fact if you never rank again and still support your team....THAT is loyalty

if people keep you zeroed/from playing for years and you still log in and go at it....THAT is loyalty

or you pick a team and stick to it no matter what....THAT is loyalty

but if you have to make a post to defend ranking compared to loyalty.....THAT is sad

you don't define loyalty by re-defining ranking....
              It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain.

Comment

V loyally writes crap every round. [So the Loyalty = Teamwork ] formula is basically flawed.

Dom is obviously only referencing ranking as a goal congruency issue which can make some people jump ship, and it does.

With regard to the families. I do think the requirement of the 10 members is flawed at this point. Many of the smaller families just have guys that rank themselves and if some players see they can go to other emerging families where their efforts would be more significant they should bail. Why stay loyal to ranking the same people every round? I would like to see a family of hard workers teaming together. This isnt likely to happen with the present format.

Good thread btw.

Comment

well 10 years playing tmb 10 years with ics or legend/ics...with odd planned visite here and there but always with blessing of my don...also doing whatever my family or union needs and not be afraid to do grunt work...and staying no matter what

ics 4 life

Comment

Being a rank whore is winning jackpots
                    There is no other way to see that, if you are winning a jackpot, main or turbo, you are a rank whore

Also being in a union that makes top 3, that basically just confirms you are a rank whore, even though only 30 people rank, the other others still little whore fuckers too

Comment

I preffer the rankwhore thread :P

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Cat View Post
                        i can troll whatever i want esp. since this post was about loyalty and you have an easy job only giving a damn about your own ('indy family')

making the first half of your post about ranks made me laugh; sort of drawing a line there? (yea i find loyalty important as long as i can rank )

loyalty has shit to do with ranks...in fact if you never rank again and still support your team....THAT is loyalty

if people keep you zeroed/from playing for years and you still log in and go at it....THAT is loyalty

or you pick a team and stick to it no matter what....THAT is loyalty

but if you have to make a post to defend ranking compared to loyalty.....THAT is sad

you don't define loyalty by re-defining ranking....

V. Do you consider yourself loyal, for joining ICS each round, or is it because nobody else would have you?
                        That is what you have to consider.
                        bLiNd_As_A_bAt
                        HuNg_LiKe_A_cAt

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJ View Post
                          Being a rank whore is winning jackpots
                          There is no other way to see that, if you are winning a jackpot, main or turbo, you are a rank whore

Also being in a union that makes top 3, that basically just confirms you are a rank whore, even though only 30 people rank, the other others still little whore fuckers too

if thats the case what does that make you

Comment

V is right about one thing-- Loyalty is about sticking with a family through thick and thin, not about who ranks and who doesn't. How many of you cunts can honestly say you have been with the same union/family your whole TMB life? That's what V is talking about and IMO perfectly defines Loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus_Constanino View Post
                              if thats the case what does that make you
                              a loyal whore .

Comment

Working...
                              X