Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 round up news and updates from admin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AdamFunk
    replied
    Originally posted by harryverderchki View Post

    I think that the "cheating looting " is a big distraction and was never proven as fact. If a person was making a macro or other auto looting tool they simply could have slowed down the auto to the rate the game allows. The fact that this has not happened tells me that there were not in fact cheaters in the game to begin with. There was people that were on here 24/7 still would loot incredible rates of money. What ended up happening is the looting portion of the game has suffered and people who were here far too long looting threw in the towel. Probably good for their health anyway cuz some were here way too long. Every one that was suspected of cheating through macros or other contrived methods of protecting I beat in main or in turbo to disprove that they were in fact cheating. I hear people complaining about cheating all the time and only because someone hit them so that attacker must be a multi. If you have family members hitting other free killers they are going to come back in that round or the next or the next and they are going to take revenge on you. Multis do exist but we can't change the game rules to stifle game play.
    Speed clicking programs are readily available, anyone can download them and max out the allowed hits per minute with one click if they wished to, even if the limit was set at 1000 they can register 1000 hits in the time it takes the page to load if they wished.

    Leave a comment:


  • Storm
    replied
    Originally posted by harryverderchki View Post

    I think that the "cheating looting " is a big distraction and was never proven as fact. If a person was making a macro or other auto looting tool they simply could have slowed down the auto to the rate the game allows. The fact that this has not happened tells me that there were not in fact cheaters in the game to begin with. There was people that were on here 24/7 still would loot incredible rates of money. What ended up happening is the looting portion of the game has suffered and people who were here far too long looting threw in the towel. Probably good for their health anyway cuz some were here way too long. Every one that was suspected of cheating through macros or other contrived methods of protecting I beat in main or in turbo to disprove that they were in fact cheating. I hear people complaining about cheating all the time and only because someone hit them so that attacker must be a multi. If you have family members hitting other free killers they are going to come back in that round or the next or the next and they are going to take revenge on you. Multis do exist but we can't change the game rules to stifle game play.
    Well said Harry. Especially the bit about active players, looters, who sit online for hours playing.

    I was one of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • harryverderchki
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamFunk View Post
    we are still looking at the wrong area with regards to cheating whilst looting, its not a case of how many attacks in a minute as a lot of clicker programs out there have limiters, people can set an input speed of 1000 clicks per second yet limit it to stop after only 10 clicks which means no matter what limits you install on here the cheats can get around it by simply adjusting the number of clicks on the program whilst maintaining inhuman speeds, it means you can max out players or bots with one click then move on to the next target, all you have to do is look at ToH as most banks are maxed a second after ToH.

    unfortunately for us and staff it becomes almost impossible to prove when these clickers are in use due to how attacks are processed, all the cheating happens before the server even receives the information, There are players who have possibly used exploits for going on 10 years and because of how the attack mechanics work it means they will never likely be dealt with because the cheating part is essentially hidden to all but the cheat.
    I think that the "cheating looting " is a big distraction and was never proven as fact. If a person was making a macro or other auto looting tool they simply could have slowed down the auto to the rate the game allows. The fact that this has not happened tells me that there were not in fact cheaters in the game to begin with. There was people that were on here 24/7 still would loot incredible rates of money. What ended up happening is the looting portion of the game has suffered and people who were here far too long looting threw in the towel. Probably good for their health anyway cuz some were here way too long. Every one that was suspected of cheating through macros or other contrived methods of protecting I beat in main or in turbo to disprove that they were in fact cheating. I hear people complaining about cheating all the time and only because someone hit them so that attacker must be a multi. If you have family members hitting other free killers they are going to come back in that round or the next or the next and they are going to take revenge on you. Multis do exist but we can't change the game rules to stifle game play.

    Leave a comment:


  • Storm
    replied
    the round will be capped. that's all - no other change.. those who work hard and work like a team will do well. this type of round is about the teamwork, moreso than the spend.

    Leave a comment:


  • braw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Modric View Post

    Ur wrong. Bots should have high loot because half the game will be looting. Need more cash for that shit.
    Yup..but I'm sure a while back with a similar credit cap on main round the bots didn't yield as much....guess we'll find out soon

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Modric
    replied
    Originally posted by braw View Post
    I'm I rightt in thinking these lower capped rounds=bots no having as much loot? ??
    Ur wrong. Bots should have high loot because half the game will be looting. Need more cash for that shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • braw
    replied
    I'm I rightt in thinking these lower capped rounds=bots no having as much loot? ??

    Leave a comment:


  • -mykelanz-
    replied
    I think u must revised the Kill Points System.. It must be 1dus w/ak = 1kps.. And adjust the remaining weapons, uzi = 50%, shotgun = 25%, glocks = 10%.. Maybe it will give more meaning for killer rank.. Thats just my suggestion..

    Leave a comment:


  • BigAnt2318
    replied
    Great work Storm!! We appreciate your diligence towards keeping the game interesting. Good luck to all

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank_Breezy
    replied
    Put the number at 87 an call it a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Storm
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamFunk View Post
    we are still looking at the wrong area with regards to cheating whilst looting, its not a case of how many attacks in a minute as a lot of clicker programs out there have limiters, people can set an input speed of 1000 clicks per second yet limit it to stop after only 10 clicks which means no matter what limits you install on here the cheats can get around it by simply adjusting the number of clicks on the program whilst maintaining inhuman speeds, it means you can max out players or bots with one click then move on to the next target, all you have to do is look at ToH as most banks are maxed a second after ToH.

    unfortunately for us and staff it becomes almost impossible to prove when these clickers are in use due to how attacks are processed, all the cheating happens before the server even receives the information, There are players who have possibly used exploits for going on 10 years and because of how the attack mechanics work it means they will never likely be dealt with because the cheating part is essentially hidden to all but the cheat.
    all i am looking for is a fair number of hits per minute that doesn't punish the good looters who are fast

    let me know some ideas please i am thinking 95 ATM

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank_Breezy
    replied
    Originally posted by Storm View Post

    Just remember there was no family or union banks then, all cash was kept on person or in safe. Its not something we want to have as a permanent hard rule setting. but would like to have the option to setup such rounds in turbo and for special rounds.

    Maybe we need to offer diverse types of rounds, maybe we just need to stay the same, I dont know until we try it. I do know that when games offer variety of content , it keeps things interesting. That's what i am going for but also clearly realize that building a player career here is based on time where you work over a few rounds to develop your team and yourself. So I know also that any radical changes to the game does upset this equilibrium.

    At least i would be able to do it in turbo now...
    Storm I completely agree with the change it will either bring more spending which is one of your plans I imagine which is perfectly fine. But man this will be something that most old school players haven't seen in a while. An new players will dread. Various changes is good. An honestly I would make your trial runs only turbo an see how it works there. Only bc most of the new players haven't felt or dealt with this type of game play. It would only be fair to start this type of change in turbo.

    also if recollection serves me well. Round 38 thro round 45 was basically the end of transfer anywhere. An then we still had families with no unions.

    I think this will bring good play back to tmb as long as it doesnt get out of control. Remember an I say this again with the knowledge of everything I've seen as a fre player/ spender. Although I want to know who is who will this benefit more. Referencing to players/families/union.

    all ima say is good luck to all.

    and good job storm. For this old idea being brought back into play..

    who knows maybe will get some old school fams like golden gate cheese family omerta. To come back an play here an there an try to get revenge on certain people. This story an dialog I'm talking about would make for a amazing blog or story.


    I would call it Revenge_Of_The_LeGeNdS. Or battle of the Titans.

    great headlines. Now storm for my long bs of paragraph I ask for a sub sandwich mate ty
    Last edited by Frank_Breezy; 12-14-2018, 06:10 PM. Reason: Bc

    Leave a comment:


  • CiisQo
    replied
    Originally posted by Storm View Post

    Just remember there was no family or union banks then, all cash was kept on person or in safe. Its not something we want to have as a permanent hard rule setting. but would like to have the option to setup such rounds in turbo and for special rounds.

    Maybe we need to offer diverse types of rounds, maybe we just need to stay the same, I dont know until we try it. I do know that when games offer variety of content , it keeps things interesting. That's what i am going for but also clearly realize that building a player career here is based on time where you work over a few rounds to develop your team and yourself. So I know also that any radical changes to the game does upset this equilibrium.

    At least i would be able to do it in turbo now...
    Dont know about others but Im down for some variety rounds. Cheers and here's to a great 2019 for tmb!

    Leave a comment:


  • Storm
    replied
    Originally posted by Maximus_Constanino1 View Post
    One thing I saw that your bringing back storm is the bank transfer anywhere. Not sure that's a good idea in my honest opinion we've seen what that has done.

    perfect example is the omerta families. They ruled the game with such tactics. But let's see maybe with these new families like drifter teaming up with jets say ic an bh they spend an could probably beat iu in this case. Not sure but will be super fun to see some back in the days action.
    Just remember there was no family or union banks then, all cash was kept on person or in safe. Its not something we want to have as a permanent hard rule setting. but would like to have the option to setup such rounds in turbo and for special rounds.

    Maybe we need to offer diverse types of rounds, maybe we just need to stay the same, I dont know until we try it. I do know that when games offer variety of content , it keeps things interesting. That's what i am going for but also clearly realize that building a player career here is based on time where you work over a few rounds to develop your team and yourself. So I know also that any radical changes to the game does upset this equilibrium.

    At least i would be able to do it in turbo now...

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank_Breezy
    replied
    One thing I saw that your bringing back storm is the bank transfer anywhere. Not sure that's a good idea in my honest opinion we've seen what that has done.

    perfect example is the omerta families. They ruled the game with such tactics. But let's see maybe with these new families like drifter teaming up with jets say ic an bh they spend an could probably beat iu in this case. Not sure but will be super fun to see some back in the days action.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X