Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 round up news and updates from admin

HI EVERYONE

Firstly, I want to take the opportunity to sincerely thank each and every member of our community for playing here, for being a part of our online gaming family, thank those of you for sticking around where rules was not in your favor or to your liking. Also thank you to those of you who choose to spend here, it has helped and continues to help us, to do important upgrades and we are still busy working on it. Thank you to all our loyal players, families and unions for contributing to make the game to continue to still be around after 14 years almost, now.

This past 3 years have been a really busy time for the game development, we upgraded the entire game code [this meant a total rewrite of the game] and created a mobile friendly design, which is now LIVE. This was a MUST DO as mobile users currently compose of more than 50% of our total users in the game today.

OUTSTANDING PLAYERS FOR 2018: SUPPORTERS:

To everyone who bought a sub or sub pack and/or spent any amount of money here: thank you for this, you guys are the core players of the game and without you we also won’t have a game, as you keep the community going.

It has to be said: A BIG personal THANK YOU must go to the guys and ladies who spent a LOT of money supporting the game [in no particular order]: 23, Brad_H, Justin_W, Nino, Ilovebites, Sno_Man, Martin_M, Natalia_A, Sexy_Desires, TMK, Freak, Babbo, Teds, Big_Ant, Righty, Asad, ....... and there’s a good few more, I only looked back to July this year and the names come from there: If I missed, please know that to each and everyone who bought a pack, bought credits here, thank you to you all.

Thank you to you guys for spending your time and money here at The Mafia Boss. You have all been instrumental to push funds into the game which allows me to have a job and for us to be able to improve and upgrade the game. We are truly thankful for your support.

HONORED COMMUNITY MEMBERS I MUST THANK PERSONALLY:

Clutch, thank you for doing excellent work you are busy with to help us and for giving great expert advice on the mobile system, I cannot thank you enough brother!

Hollywood_Hubert, Lopov, TMK, Teds, Babbo, TammyGunz, elmo, Harry_V, Zodiac, Gasface, Shane_Simpson, Kylie.... and any of you who popped into my mailbox or allowed me to steal your time on Skype to ask questions....- Guys thank you for your valuable feedback and ongoing availability when I needed advice, help or insight. I know I can always count on you to give honest feedback on your experiences so that I can remain in touch with what players feel. Again, apologies to anyone I missed to mention here.

Also to TMK: thanks so much for always calling me when there is a problem with the game tech. You always beat staff to it and I am thankful to you for this.

We still have a lot of work ahead, and some of the work we planned to do on the game upgrades are not yet done for the gameplay upgrades but we have already implemented some fixes that will allow us to provide different round types to you for turbo and main and we will try some new settings soon and hopefully it will provide some variation on the norms.

PLAYERS WHO RECRUIT: NEW PLAYERS AND TEACH THEM:

Clutch, Klown, KillSmith, Mrs.Klown, I noticed that you guys work very heavily and hard, to recruit and train new players. Guys, your help here has been amazing and I have not had proper time to work out how we can improve this still and make better incentives for new players and any players who work to help them, yet, but please know that we notice what you do. Maybe readers here can give us some ideas please? I know we have been slow to execute player ideas that are good but please, we NEVER throw them away, so please don’t be shy, I always try my best to read back onto the forums and blogs about what you said.

THANK YOU TO STAFF:

To all of you: Mods, helpers and community staff: A Massive thank you for your time, help and for working sometimes in tough situations, as a volunteer, to donate your time to helping to manage the game community, our Facebook page, Twitter page, blog site and forums.

A very huge and special thank you to Tiki, our life would suck without you. You have been heart and soul in this community for more than a decade and you have been a pillar to me personally and to the game at large, thank you for your tireless work. I think I speak for all when I say thank you, we love you!

LASTLY A [LENGTHY] NOTE ON THE GAME RULES:

Guys its damn rough to manage the game and try to keep everyone happy in a gaming environment that becomes volatile very quickly and tempers get heated. We understand when players are upset about something and do not mind at all if you message admin with your issue. However this past year has taught me that when competition becomes tough between players, then things get ugly and personal really fast.

So , here is a couple of things I need to communicate to everyone, if you could all please indulge:

PLAYERS WHO SAY/TELL OTHERS THEY CHEAT/USE PROGRAMS/HAVE MULTIES

Guys here is some protocol here we need to follow so we don’t implode on ourselves: Any player who mentions they cheat, use programs, multies, even if it’s in a joke to mess with other players: Please don’t do this. We will clamp down on any player and freeze you if we see any mention of this in the game or forums. Why? Because you make the culture of cheating to be a normal thing to do. We cannot allow that. Also, it’s just plain stupid.

Please note Skype discussions you had with anyone or anything outside of the game mails: unfortunately we cannot act on, as it’s not our domain where we have control, but we will warn accused users where we get such reports and those people will then become high level on our radar and we will watch their account closely to ensure there is no foul play.

REPORTING SUSPECTED GAME INFRACTIONS:

There is VERY experienced players who see things in the game that we are obliged to hear out seriously when they report: they don’t always only do it out of trying to get someone banned....they are genuinely concerned that we keep the game fair. We totally understand this. We are also aware that players will also try to use reports to admin to get back at their game opponents, for staff this is a two-edged sword.
    Any player who reports on another player: I am humbly asking for you to understand please: we can only act when/if we get conclusive proof on admin tools- HOWEVER when someone is reported – we will much more closer watch their behaviour.

If it’s for outside programs, we have set limits and continue to work on it to curb. By way of feedback from looters, what do you guys say is a decent average hits per minute that doesn’t infringe on your skill?

Let me know and I will set it, from next round based on a consensus. I WILL be taking into account who gives feedback, one thing I do know well is looting can be devastatingly fast and can easy cross over into where someone uses a program to cheat, it sucks when we set it below this and it ends up punishing legit looters. Looters: we hear you, so please comment on this.

If it’s for reporting a suspect multi: we can only act on what our tools show us. If you try to push us beyond that point, please note, we can’t really do much, until we have proper proof. We will always look at everything our tools show us and you need to trust the process. Please inbox such issues to us. We won’t in future be drawn into conversations about this because it becomes tough as then we have to give privileged user info to prove why we don’t act.

So again, I ask humbly, please trust us. I know it gets frustrating sometimes when you feel an outcome needs to be forced but please note that’s the worst path we can take together, the business can get sued, get a bad rep, or we could punish someone who is legit. So pushing to force staff hand to take action won’t work. There are MANY prominent players who have all been complained about to me where there is nothing wrong and we have to treat each case with care.

At the same time to those who got reported for any such infraction: If you get reported for any of the above issues and you have been informed that you are on our radar: and we on staff then further spot odd behaviors that indicate dual account usage by one player or inhuman loot speeds– we won’t hesitate to take action. [we are/were all players on staff, we know this game, we know when something doesn’t look right]

FROZEN ACCOUNTS:

Staff is not allowed discuss other player accounts with anyone but the player to whom the account belongs. Your account business is sacred with us. Any staff member who provides sensitive information to other players about each other, including myself, gets fired. If someone is frozen, it’s because we picked up something or a rule was/is broken. We may ban, freeze, or unfreeze in case where we can reach agreement. Each case is treated as unique and we hate banning players. It’s always been our last resort when all else fails, to ban someone. The most common answer to why someone was banned, is: they broke some rule, or there is some account payment related issue that causes us to either temp or permanent freeze/ban.

We honestly understand when key players get banned: that family and team members get upset: but again, you got to trust the process and staff. No amount of shouting or swearing will solve it or help to fix things, and please note, this is what we always strive for, to fix things.

WHATS NEW:

We have done some fixes to allow for different types of game play which we will introduce shortly:
    Variety Length Rounds with smaller caps and open banking [possibly bigger families, no unions, can send cash anywhere] – this will happen shortly- we will try to stick to our core gameplay but we also notice that players do enjoy some variety.

More flexibility on start and end times: try to end rounds on a Sunday: this is still on the table, the coder is working on it as we speak and within the next few rounds we will update on this one in a week or 2.

We noticed from feedback this special bundle being offered too much is overkill: so we will do it once in a while to allow the big guys to go nuts but as we plan, to intersperse smaller capped main round.

UPCOMING MAIN ROUND VARIATIONS PLANS:

Coder is working on the fixes: We will announce it a few days in advance and hopefully we can try it next round AS A VARIATION:

- Bigger family Size up to 40
    - Can transfer cash anywhere
    - No unions
    - Round length: SUNDAY to SUNDAY
    - Smaller cap/No Specials

So in the immediate future: as an example: We could do a normal main round for 10 days and a 7 day round with this new banking friendly rules

To everyone in our community: Have a wonderful December festive season and holiday and we wish you all a prosperous happy year and new year ahead.

Thank you
    - Storm
    Game Admin

Thanks for keeping the game interesting. Good year for TMB Hope to see another good year in 2019.

Comment

What a lengthy post but very well said. Storm, I think the game should also give you a huge shout out as well. You are here at all times. You take a lot of lip from players and have to deal with staff. We dont always share the same mindset but you always prove to rationalize most situations. You are constantly trying to improve the game and take so much time and pride to make sure that TMB is the best game around. This is why so many games come and go and TMB continues to be the best.

Comment

Keep Up, I am okay with the current looting system i guess

Comment

I want to thank myself. If it wasnt for me, I would not be in the game.
          I've been so influential on my own gameplay. I've helped myself in situations where I was sure I had no idea what I was doing.
          So, on behalf of myself, I humbly accept my own gratitude

To the rest of you, you guys are ok, too.

TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
          Be kind to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Fornax View Post
            I've been so influential on my own gameplay. I've helped myself in situations where I was sure I had no idea what I was doing.

lol

Comment

Very well written post storm. I’ll look to continually support and help grow this game.

- Justin aka J-Money

Comment

Drugs are bad. Put down the pipe.

Originally posted by Fornax View Post

Comment

Which J-Money? The real one? The fake one? Imposters are a thing.

Originally posted by CallMeJ View Post
                  Very well written post storm. I’ll look to continually support and help grow this game.

- Justin aka J-Money

Comment

The real one....people like to steal names to make themselves feel important I guess. Veering off topic Deryl! Lol

Comment

we are still looking at the wrong area with regards to cheating whilst looting, its not a case of how many attacks in a minute as a lot of clicker programs out there have limiters, people can set an input speed of 1000 clicks per second yet limit it to stop after only 10 clicks which means no matter what limits you install on here the cheats can get around it by simply adjusting the number of clicks on the program whilst maintaining inhuman speeds, it means you can max out players or bots with one click then move on to the next target, all you have to do is look at ToH as most banks are maxed a second after ToH.

unfortunately for us and staff it becomes almost impossible to prove when these clickers are in use due to how attacks are processed, all the cheating happens before the server even receives the information, There are players who have possibly used exploits for going on 10 years and because of how the attack mechanics work it means they will never likely be dealt with because the cheating part is essentially hidden to all but the cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Sarge View Post
                        Drugs are bad. Put down the pipe.

You want your pipe back, Sarge?
                        AYYYYYYYE, SAAAAAAARGE!
                        TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
                        Be kind to each other.

Comment

Really looking forward to TMB 2019!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamFunk View Post
                            we are still looking at the wrong area with regards to cheating whilst looting, its not a case of how many attacks in a minute as a lot of clicker programs out there have limiters, people can set an input speed of 1000 clicks per second yet limit it to stop after only 10 clicks which means no matter what limits you install on here the cheats can get around it by simply adjusting the number of clicks on the program whilst maintaining inhuman speeds, it means you can max out players or bots with one click then move on to the next target, all you have to do is look at ToH as most banks are maxed a second after ToH.

unfortunately for us and staff it becomes almost impossible to prove when these clickers are in use due to how attacks are processed, all the cheating happens before the server even receives the information, There are players who have possibly used exploits for going on 10 years and because of how the attack mechanics work it means they will never likely be dealt with because the cheating part is essentially hidden to all but the cheat.
                            Hear hear!

Comment

One thing I saw that your bringing back storm is the bank transfer anywhere. Not sure that's a good idea in my honest opinion we've seen what that has done.

perfect example is the omerta families. They ruled the game with such tactics. But let's see maybe with these new families like drifter teaming up with jets say ic an bh they spend an could probably beat iu in this case. Not sure but will be super fun to see some back in the days action.

Comment

Working...
                              X