This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMB TDM (Official Killer Tournament)

Yes, you did read the title correctly, that did stand for TEAM DEATH MATCH, so grab three of your closest killing buddies and sign up for TMB’s first official TDM.

Here's how it will work:

Sign-ups:

- Players will form teams of FOUR (4) killers (you get to choose who is on your team, just make sure they consent to it before you sign them up!)

- From there the team captain (ie. the person who speaks on behalf of the team) will make a response post here in the format of:

Team Name:
    Captain:
    Killer 1:
    Killer 2:
    Killer 3:

Players will have until the start of 437 to sign up; once the 435 game clock hits 0 and the new round is up, sign-ups are CLOSED and the games begin!

The Game:

- The objective of team death match is to kill as many dus of other PARTICIPATING players as possible.

- Each time you make a hit on an enemy player, you are to copy the attack log and post the logs in your designated forum thread (each team will have its own attack logs thread.)

- All logs must be posted within 48 hours of the hit being made, else it will not count; this is to give other teams the chance to review the log and make sure it is accurate/give other teams an idea of where they stand in the rankings.

- If you are the defending player in a hit from an enemy team it is YOUR responsibility to post the defense log to your forum thread, as the dus you killed in response to the hit also count towards your team’s total.

- If you are posting a defense log, please make a note that it is the defender kills we should be paying attention to, so as to avoid any confusion in how many kills should be counted.

- When calculating kills, the type of du does NOT matter, killing 1 body guard is the same as killing 1 hitman; this is primarily to keep the calculations to a minimum and so the attack logs in your mailbox can be used.

- In order to keep the playing field even, the following multipliers will be applied to each player’s final total count based upon their ending star level:

1 star: 5.5x multiplier
    2 star: 3x multiplier
    3 star: 1.4x multiplier
    4 star: 1.0x multiplier

- Competing teams are NOT permitted to work together in any way, whether this be farming kills, jointly taking down targets, etc. If you are suspected of colluding with another team you will be disqualified at Host’s discretion.

Rewards:

- At the conclusion of round 437 the total number of kills from each team will be added up, the 2 teams with the highest totals will win!

- First place will receive 25,000 turns per player (30 day expiry)

- Second place will receive 10,000 turns per player (30 day expiry)

Participants:

Team Name: UnFuckable aka EckInASkirt aka Men in Kilts
    Captain: Michael
    Killer 1: Eck
    Killer 2: Gambit
    Killer 3: TMK

Team Name:
    Captain:
    Killer 1:
    Killer 2:
    Killer 3:

Team Name:
    Captain:
    Killer 1:
    Killer 2:
    Killer 3:

Last edited by Host; 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM.

This looks interesting..
    Exitus Acta Probat

Comment

I doubt this works there aren't any exceptions of not being hit by random players not in the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary.2 View Post
        I doubt this works there aren't any exceptions of not being hit by random players not in the contest.
        This is true, there are no ways to prevent outside hits, however, everyone is at the same disadvantage with this.

In fact, having someone else hit a participating player for you, in many cases, will actually hurt you, as it reduces the total number of dus available for you to take out, since there is such a limited number of them.

Comment

So what, 2 kinds of kills now?

Collecting trophy and killing DU?

Seems to me, 1 step in 1 direction with the new rules, then 1 back with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie_Pavone View Post
            So what, 2 kinds of kills now?

Collecting trophy and killing DU?

Seems to me, 1 step in 1 direction with the new rules, then 1 back with this.

This competition has nothing to do with the new or old rules; this is an exclusive way of scoring to make it simple to track.

My goal with this was to keep it as contained as possible, so participants are only killing participants and there is little to no room for farming, etc.

Similar to how flame wars and rap battles really have nothing to do with the outcome, they are just side games, that's what this is; a side game.

Comment

Fun little twist to the round
              TMB STAFF
              Lightningtmb = My Skype

Comment

This competition has nothing to do with the new or old rules; this is an exclusive way of scoring to make it simple to track.
                Well I don't want to step in the “old rules new rules what rules” fight, there is enough threads and posts about this already. Just seems not logical to bring back something that has just been removed from the game, unless you admit that was a mistake to do so.

My goal with this was to keep it as contained as possible, so participants are only killing participants and there is little to no room for farming, etc.
                I agree about farming, I can't see easy farming under those conditions. But there is nothing to prevent teams from getting help from outside of the competition, which do mean this is not gonna be much contained after all. It’s like watching a sport game or race where the spectators would be allowed to attack and hurt the competitors!

This is true, there are no ways to prevent outside hits, however, everyone is at the same disadvantage with this.

In fact, having someone else hit a participating player for you, in many cases, will actually hurt you, as it reduces the total number of dus available for you to take out, since there is such a limited number of them.
                So you gonna have 1 team from big union build and getting kills, then all their union members and friends will keep the other teams zeroed so they can't build and kill back. If no one else can kill, you don't need much kills to win. Think about it!

Instead of being about who is the best killer, this is gonna be about who have the biggest network of players and most resources.

Similar to how flame wars and rap battles really have nothing to do with the outcome, they are just side games, that's what this is; a side game.
                Flame wars and crap battles are words in a forum. This competition is inside the game and is about killing each other dus, that's different. All it's gonna do is divert players from the trophy collecting-looting game and offer an easy way to get credits for one big union.

Hit the staff was a better concept for this type of in-game challenge in my opinion.

That said, I mean no disrespect. Just saying how I see it and what I think will happen with this.

Comment

Let's hope this works out and there is minimal interference from players outside of this comeptition.

Comment

competition*

Comment

Huh a. 1 star is gonna get slaughtered by a 4 star..

Whether it's 5 to 1 or not.

Comment

Just seems not logical to bring back something that has just been removed from the game, unless you admit that was a mistake to do so.
                        As far as I know, this method of scoring kills has never been in the game and if it was, it was over 5 years ago, before my time. If I could have the game score it for me, believe me, the formula would be much more complex, but since this is players basically keeping their own scores, I want it to be as simple as possible, so there is little to no room for error.

So you gonna have 1 team from big union build and getting kills, then all their union members and friends will keep the other teams zeroed so they can't build and kill back. If no one else can kill, you don't need much kills to win. Think about it!
                        I understand your point and see where you are coming from, however, I believe you make 2 false assumptions here:

1.) That this "big union" will only produce 1 team. I think with it being teams of 4 it is reasonable to believe that each major union will produce multiple teams who will be competing against one another.

2.) That the other teams are to inept to predict this type of behavior and will leave themselves 100% exposed every time they build.

I also think you are making the assumption that the teams from "the big union" are only in it to win the credits and don't care about anything else; which of course might be true, however, I like to believe in competitions like this with relatively small prizes MOST participants are doing it for the fun and challenge, not so they can just bulldoze the competition for a few easy turns (but perhaps you are correct with this assumption and I'm overly optimistic.)

Hit the staff was a better concept for this type of in-game challenge in my opinion.
                        I agree that this concept is not perfect and if it is moderately successful, I'd very much like to get feedback from people on how it can be improved so that we can do it again in a more balanced way in the future.

I disliked hit the staff because it was simply a TOH race with pretty much no "real" involvement from players. With this competition, I am trying to create an activity that will have players participating for the entire duration of the round, in a much more strategic and involved way.

Huh a. 1 star is gonna get slaughtered by a 4 star..

Whether it's 5 to 1 or not.
                        Of course players using a lot more turns will have a larger advantage, if simply from the fact that they can use them all in a lump sum; the idea of the multiplier though was to reduce this gap. Yes, 1 star players will have to work much harder and more strategically, but with this, they at least they have a chance.
                        Last edited by Host; 10-03-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

im in bts suck

Comment

Originally posted by Spade305 View Post
                            im in bts suck
                            Great to hear!

Put a team of 4 together and register them, you will be the first team so you get first dibs on the best names! lol

Comment

perhaps you are correct with this assumption and I'm overly optimistic.)
                              Perhaps you are correct and I am overly pessimistic!

Comment

Working...
                              X